sounds of skyrim (archive size bigger than entire mod. may be corrupt)

truestrength

From what i've found out, it means something is wrong with the mod and you're either gonna have to do one of the workarounds listed above or ditch the mod.

It is not my impression that this has something to do with the mod. I have stumpled into dozens of mods that experience the same issue, so I believe it is caused by something else (looking at you Steam)

Same here, That persons explanation doesn't really make much sense to me. As i am quite new to using mods, Anyone have a fix ?

No fix as far as I know.

I have been playing each day this month like this:

- Start Steam

- Find game

- Hit Play

The moment the small window with the Skyrim-view pop up and the buttons are filled:

- Hit Play

Dont wait for the mods to be loaded - they can however be seen loading in the bottom right of the window. At me is states "Checking mods..." and than trawls through them like "Mod 1 - blah blah", "Mod 2 - meh meh" etc. Dont stay on watching or it will crash when it reached the mods with issues :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the dates on these posts, this seems to be a very recent issue. I too have had to unsubscribe mods (mostly it seems Towns and Villages Enhanced as detailed by Dirch. Also the "SoS mod too big may be corrupted" message. Is it possible something has gone wrong with Steam Cloud facility? Never had the Launcher throw up these problems before. Kinda weird, huh?

• 1 month later...

I subscribed to "unread books glow" and "ask follower skills" via Steam -- I had not known about these mods til I was browsing the mods on Steam and thought I'd try them.

In the next day I got that error:

"Archive size bigger than entire mod! may be corrupt!"

Then I found this archive thread (with a bit of necromancy)... I'm glad it's here. It's suggested Steam is the culprit.

So I unsubscribed the Steam version of above mods and installed them (same names) from NexuxMods for my 32bit "oldrim" w/DLC.

Voila! No more pop ups of that error FWIW.

In either case the game was playing without any issues, no crashes, so it might very likely be an error with the way Steam parses some mods as some have suggested. All my other mods for this game are downloads from NexusMods with NMM (graphics and utilities). I'm going to avoid the Steam versions -- for now.

Edited by Wagashigrrl