Mod Team

wazthatme

Hey guys I just wanted to use some of your time to ask if you would like to join a Mod Team. Reason being I want to make a full Mod addon like a DLC. The things I need are maybe a few people who know how to do things like work on sounds skins maps scrips. It would be nice to have two people doing each task if not more. You dont have to be a pro at what you do but at less know what your doing. It would also be cool to have people teach each other how to do something since we would be a team.

If you like the idea and would like to join Send me a skype message @ david.stegall3 or steam message @ wazthatme. I am on both most of the time so feel free to add me and ask anything you may want to know.

Thank you for your time

-wazthatme

You might have more luck getting people to join you if you have a clear presentation of the mod you want to make.

Also showing off something from the mod that you have already done helps a lot, like concept art, level design, models, etc.

You might have more luck getting people to join you if you have a clear presentation of the mod you want to make.

Also showing off something from the mod that you have already done helps a lot, like concept art, level design, models, etc.

Well I have not started on it yet it would be from a ground up where we all say hey this would be cool lets add this. Only thing I have started was a vault witch is no where near done. I just started that about a day or two ago so other then that I have nothing to show but ill post pics of that lol.

You are unlikely to catch anyones attention unless you come forward with some great idea, concept or storyline. A detailed, as in several paragraphs or more, description of what you would like to make is a must. Even better would be some proof of concept, like an early version of a fullblown mod to show people that you are also capable of making things happen on your own.

Nobody will listen to you if you tell them you just want to make something, but you're not really sure what. What you're describing ("from a ground up where we all say hey this would be cool lets add this") is a project that is set up to fail from the beginning. I'm sorry, but this is the hard truth. I'm sure you have great ideas, but you need to organize them and put them out there in order for other people to sign on.

I agree %100 with Ladez. It is always important to show a sample of your work with a request such as this. Even with small mods, and it sounds like you have a plan for a huge mod.

Unfortunately for a lot of people, there isn't any base conceptual job to just think up the ideas, but if you were able to team that with some nice concept art, things will start looking better, and even more so if you can make a small working module with basic concepts and things you plan to implement into the full mod.

Also planning is very important. The whole lets add this as we go thing can turn messy on a big scale. Say 5 people hopped on-team to work on a mod that has no clear cut concept and design. You rolling good and get to about the quarter mark on finishing the mod. You come up with a good idea and decide you want to tell the crew. Well the idea happens to be a complicated one, and number 2 decides the mod is a little too complicated, he just wanted to do a simple one, and regretfully leaves the team. You guys keep going, but can't find anybody else to take his spot, it's ok though because someone else knows how to do his job, you hit the halfway mark, the thing is looking freaking amazing, but alas another concept comes up an two of your crew doesn't want to go in that direction, because it wasn't the vision they had in their heads, and they leave. Now its you and one other guy, things start going slower. You get to 75 % and he decides this mod will never get finished and decides to pursue something with better chances. After that your stuck with a mod stuck at %75 percent indefinitely that never gets finished.

This is why it's a good idea to have a clear cut vision. I'm not saying be a complete dictator over your team or anything like that. (Unless your paying them and they know what their getting into)

But by presenting a clear image you will be more able to draw like minded people who will be easier to compromise with and be excited for the work. And by showing some of your personal skills off your more likely to get more people because it will reassure them that when things hit a rough, they have someone they can rely on.

Im just assuming this is how it works, I'm a beginning modder myself.

I'm also working on a DLC sized mod myself . It's a huge project so I'm working to maximize my chances and clean my concept before I even try to recruit, which I also suggest you do.

If you want some tips on the game plan I'm following and the prep I'm doing for yourself, feel free to ask and we can talk. Like I said before I'm completely new to modding. But knowledge is king,, and business is business.

Edited by PixelSmut