Warcry New Dimension Worth it?

imready86k

I've spent 2 days looking at information on the mod "Warcry New Dimension". I see an english translation, however the comments suggest it's buggy. Is this mod playable/ worth it?

I want the mod, but I want it in English, free of crashing, bugs, preferred.

hi friend

we here in Germany use it and we discuss everything here. Mostly there are no bugs but its very difficult to play. I do not know about the English version, but the German original is a really great experience. All players in Germany say, its a wonderful mod.

Harvald

I tried it out for awhile and found I really didn't like it.

It has some excellent features including new enemy races, as well as ones you can pick for your own character, all the extra monsters included in other enemy overhauls such as MMM, and a ton of extras as well. There are a lot of unique bosses that makes things exciting. It overhauls many of the NPCs with different clothings, races, weapons, etc. It overhauls all the items in the game with unique looking meshes.

It literally overhauls almost everything in the game.

However, that's probably its biggest downfall: it overhauls too much. Also, some of the features that it changes doesn't make a lot of sense with the rest of the changes made. The items are really confusing at times and their functionality is unknown. Enemy placement and spawnpoints sometimes didn't make sense either. And there are times when enemy encounters can get quite brutal and nearly impossible to overcome, depending on your level and equipment. I felt "stuck in place" a lot because I couldn't go much past a certain area for fear of being pummeled to death without a chance to even fight back. I ended up having to powerlevel and powerleveling is just not fun. The final nail on the coffin for me was that I used to use MMM, and in that mod the interactions between the various monster/npc factions made the world a lot more realistic and less centered around the player. It gave the monsters and npcs a real world type feel. That is not a feature in OWC: ND.

Overall, its a pretty good overhaul, just not something I liked. As far as the bugs, I never really had bad issues. Give it a try if you think you might like it. However, let me give you a warning: it is a MAJOR PAIN to uninstall, especially if you already have a moderately filled mod list. It took me several days to do so. I would suggest making it easier to uninstall first in case you don't like it. Make another Oblivion install and then install the mod; create a BSA out of the folders; or make it a BAIN install. You could also use OMOD, but be careful about the folder structures since you might accidently uninstall something you don't want to from your other mods.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I tried it out for awhile and found I really didn't like it.

It has some excellent features including new enemy races, as well as ones you can pick for your own character, all the extra monsters included in other enemy overhauls such as MMM, and a ton of extras as well. There are a lot of unique bosses that makes things exciting. It overhauls many of the NPCs with different clothings, races, weapons, etc. It overhauls all the items in the game with unique looking meshes.

It literally overhauls almost everything in the game.

However, that's probably its biggest downfall: it overhauls too much. Also, some of the features that it changes doesn't make a lot of sense with the rest of the changes made. The items are really confusing at times and their functionality is unknown. Enemy placement and spawnpoints sometimes didn't make sense either. And there are times when enemy encounters can get quite brutal and nearly impossible to overcome, depending on your level and equipment. I felt "stuck in place" a lot because I couldn't go much past a certain area for fear of being pummeled to death without a chance to even fight back. I ended up having to powerlevel and powerleveling is just not fun. The final nail on the coffin for me was that I used to use MMM, and in that mod the interactions between the various monster/npc factions made the world a lot more realistic and less centered around the player. It gave the monsters and npcs a real world type feel. That is not a feature in OWC: ND.

Overall, its a pretty good overhaul, just not something I liked. As far as the bugs, I never really had bad issues. Give it a try if you think you might like it. However, let me give you a warning: it is a MAJOR PAIN to uninstall, especially if you already have a moderately filled mod list. It took me several days to do so. I would suggest making it easier to uninstall first in case you don't like it. Make another Oblivion install and then install the mod; create a BSA out of the folders; or make it a BAIN install. You could also use OMOD, but be careful about the folder structures since you might accidently uninstall something you don't want to from your other mods.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Very useful information. Thank you.

I actually like the idea of un leveled creatures, as you were talking about. I enjoy starting at level 1 being hunted by a tiger, jumping on rocks and running away. One thing you said which concerns me is the "centered around player". One of the most annoying things about combat is when your being chased and all enemies focus on you first, before each other, including if you have companions or guards helping.

Though right now, I can't seem to get the mod to work without a crash in anvil within 10 seconds being there.

Working on this issue. I start at the dock, lvl 1. I can run through Anvil to the other site, horse stables. But staying at the dock crashes in 10 seconds. Also wondering away from Anvil will crash aswell.

Yay conflict detector is done. I'll try to solve this myself before asking for help ;)