Need help with Vortex load order

FlashFatman

I installed "Babes of Skyrim" and loot puts it way up at the top of the load order. I need to put it very low and then add "Warmaidens" and "Serana" under that for them to work together. I've been futsin around for the better part of an hour now trying to do this simple operation and Vortex is just not co-operating. ( it was very simple to do in NMM, just click and drag) This is very frustrating, I would go to NMM and do it there and just drag the whole load order over but NMM won't let me download anything now!!!!! HELP!!!! AGGHH!!!

OK I finally figured it out and can manipulate my load order but now when I disable and remove a mod the ESP is still there. It says it is disabled in the plugin file but they are all ganged up at the top of the load order. Why are they there after deleting the mod in the mods section? How do I remove them? This Vortex is really crappy, hate to say it but it is. Way to overproduced like Jefferson Starship was. It really shouldn't be this complicated. It should be EASY like Clapton.

Well, I just stumbled on the way to remove the esp's from the load order by deleting them. I'm sorry, WAY TO COMPLICATED. Just saying, you guys should try making this a little more user friendly and not so flashy. You might scare away some users to MO2.

Spoke too soon, When I thought I was disabling them they were just reinstalled in the load order with NO MAIN MODS in the mods file! So Blackface City! Disabled them again and they are back at the top of the load order, Disabled of course. Is anyone having a similar issue? If not I would appreciate some helpfull advice, even if you want to call me stupid. I really want to make vortex work. And yes I watched all 5 of Gopher's videos.

Edited by FlashFatman

The only way to manage the load order in Vortex is through Groups and Rules (can take some time to get used to, but works), you have the option to change the INDEX manually but is far from user friendly.

Also don't forget to disable automatic sorting, it gets in the way a lot, and tends to ignore your groups.

Edited by JoseSnake

Yeah, now i'm getting some warning about "cyclic rules" and I can't do anything. I'm trying to move the mods it says are conflicting but it won't do it. I think that auto sort changed the load order. Thanks for helping.

Edited by FlashFatman