plundering stuck in Thieves' Den DLC

Alehazar

In the official Thieves' Den DLC, you can send out the pirates to plunder; a message will pop up when the pirates have returned and you can claim your share of the loot from the captain's chest.

Last time they returned the captain's chest was empty -no loot; and now I can no longer send out my men to plunder: I will only get a reply that they need to be allowed to rest for a day.

Sadly, they can basically wait for all eternity; the game glitched out -the scripts won't update.

In a nutshell, is there a console command that can reset the plunder state of the pirates?

In the official Thieves' Den DLC, you can send out the pirates to plunder; a message will pop up when the pirates have returned and you can claim your share of the loot from the captain's chest.

Last time they returned the captain's chest was empty -no loot; and now I can no longer send out my men to plunder: I will only get a reply that they need to be allowed to rest for a day.

Sadly, they can basically wait for all eternity; the game glitched out -the scripts won't update.

In a nutshell, is there a console command that can reset the plunder state of the pirates?

That's what you need to do and that's intentional. If you wait and that doesn't help then you need to go back to an earlier save you are sure of that's working and continue the game.

As for using a console command. My advice is: No.

Don't use the console unless you have to like advance in a quest that got stuck via the setstage <questID> xxx command (UESP has the quest ID) there xxx stands for what journal entry you need to use.

Of course sometimes you need to use the console when you're stuck into an object like a wall or something and to continue playing you need type "tcl" in the console without quotes.

Also, don't forget to use the "tcl" command twice, otherwise you won't able to walk on the ground instead you'll be floating in the air or below the ground.

I have another advice. Do not rely only of the Quicksave.ess gamesave, instead create a normal gamesave.