What would cause me to lose my class?

lonewolfkai

I am using the Paladin class mod and some time while i was playing, i have seemed to have lost my class. under the class description while looking at your character's stats, instead of saying Paladin, it says -

any clues as to what is causing this or suggestions on how to avoid it?

I am using the Paladin class mod and some time while i was playing, i have seemed to have lost my class. under the class description while looking at your character's stats, instead of saying Paladin, it says -

any clues as to what is causing this or suggestions on how to avoid it?

i think i figured it out, i was messing around with the console and brought up the race selection screen. i believe this reseted my class as well.

Changing race will only reset your stats, it won't change your class. Your class is controlled elsewhere. The only way to have your class changed is either by bringing up the class selection menu again, using console to change your class, or some mod forcing you into that class. If Paladin is one of the standard classes (I forget what they all are) then the chargenclass (what you were in tutorial, and what gets changed when you become custom class later) may end up showing as a blank if you changed your class to it. If paladin is a standard class, you can probably change back by using Setclass

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetClass

However keep in mind that doing so may result in the loss of skills and levels.

Changing race will only reset your stats, it won't change your class. Your class is controlled elsewhere. The only way to have your class changed is either by bringing up the class selection menu again, using console to change your class, or some mod forcing you into that class. If Paladin is one of the standard classes (I forget what they all are) then the chargenclass (what you were in tutorial, and what gets changed when you become custom class later) may end up showing as a blank if you changed your class to it. If paladin is a standard class, you can probably change back by using Setclass

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetClass

However keep in mind that doing so may result in the loss of skills and levels.

no, its a mod. but i just used the console to change it back. had to reset the skills, but luckily, i was only a few hours into the game. :biggrin:

Archived