ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] Editing Sofia or other NPC's on skyrim sse

Hi guys. I have a little predicament.

I have started a new game, with a new mod list through mo2 and have gotten the hang of using enb, tweaking ini's, lods etc. Everything looks really nice now except some of my favourite mods. Ive would like to edit my favourite standalone followers appearance, especially face, just to my liking.

So how do I go about doing this?

1. Can we now export faces sculpted in Racemenu for sse?

2. What tools do I need?

3. How does mods like bijin skin, brows etc affect the outcome?

How do I go about doing this.

Hi guys. I have a little predicament.

I have started a new game, with a new mod list through mo2 and have gotten the hang of using enb, tweaking ini's, lods etc. Everything looks really nice now except some of my favourite mods. Ive would like to edit my favourite standalone followers appearance, especially face, just to my liking.

So how do I go about doing this?

1. Can we now export faces sculpted in Racemenu for sse?

2. What tools do I need?

3. How does mods like bijin skin, brows etc affect the outcome?

How do I go about doing this.

Indeed, all of this is possible.

1. Yes, you will need Racemenu (up to date), then you will find the option "Export head" under the sculpting tab. Your ENB has to be the newest version as well, otherwise your game will crash when clicking on the tab.

2. You will need Creation Kit, NifSkope, nifoptimizer and nifmerge.

3. Depends, if you want to use custom hair, brows etc. put them on the head you want to export, later relink them correctly via NifSkope.

I strongly suggest watching this tutorial, it basically covers the whole appearance aspect for creating custom followers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcHw4sqrrx8

The important part not shown in this video (since it's LE), if you use SSE you will have to convert the head.nif file you export via CK through nifoptimizer at some point (when you use CTRL+F4, as shown in the video), but ONLY tick "head parts only" option. My personal experience is making my own NPC follower, but I'm pretty sure if you only want to change the head of Sophia the workflow remains mostly the same, though you should be able to ignore the part with the other body parts (torso etc.), you will probably be mostly focused on NifSkope and relinking files. Hope that helps, feel free to update us if you face any problems!