"Hearthfire" Negative Talk

Burnout122812

It's already adding kidnapping and home invasion, not to mention hiring servants. Besides, we don't know what else might be tucked away in the DLC. I've only just found out that apparently Dawnguard added new Shouts to the game... Don't recall seeing that advertised! I like being surprised :D.

1. This is a HUGE deal for console users who have wanted this for, like, 10 years.

2. It's most likely being thrown out there as a DLC to end Microsofts exclusivity deal after the negative reaction behind it and Dawnguard.

3. I'm kind of ashamed that people are so mad just because mods have done this... It's cheap, it's awesome, it's professionally integrated and contains things no mod could ever do. And above all, console users get it. I'm nothing but pleased, and some of your reactions are just selfish, and rather shocking.

Another thing. It's only the first two DLCs that are Microsoft exclusive, right? Second DLC isn't even going to cost £5, only adds houses and such. Not exactly the greatest DLC in terms of reeling in money, just a nice touch. I expect Microsoft were expecting something bigger to keep dibs on. Nice move, Bethesda, nice move.

Yea, it was a good move on Bethesda. LOL!

It's already adding kidnapping and home invasion, not to mention hiring servants. Besides, we don't know what else might be tucked away in the DLC. I've only just found out that apparently Dawnguard added new Shouts to the game... Don't recall seeing that advertised! I like being surprised .

It was in the DLC trailer and was mentioned in a few interviews but your right...they didn't make it the primary focus of Dawnguard. Another nice touch by Bethesda. We don't give them enough credit that they deserve. I see a lot of people complaining and bitchin about what Bethesda has done (bugs, and now Hearthfire) but you have to give it up to them...they have updated Skyrim like crazy and fixed a ton of bugs. And not only that, they gave us the "Creation Kit" and now 2 DLC's within 3 months of each other. Two thumbs up for them! Unless your a PS3 owner...then your looking for your pitchforks and torches to join that lynch mob!

Edited by majikku22

I totally agree with what is being said. I can't see how there is anything wrong with Hearthfire at all.

- It's not a copy, the mods could be considered a "copy" more so than Hearthfire to be technical, since we've known about Beth wanting to do the same thing since week one.

- As well, I don't see how it's going to prevent anyone from using similar mods, so you could have the best of both worlds if you choose to.

- It's all integrated by Bethesda and professionally done. Not to say modders don't do great work either, but how many mods have a fully dedicated team working on them? I could certaintly do without the usual bugs, yes, (of course, I'm speaking more for others. Many know I've had very little bugs for some reason, but regardless.) but otherwise, Bethesda can pull off a lot more stuff overall because it's a dedicated effort with more time on it's side.

- To go with the last point, we simply don't have access to the engine like Bethesda does. We can do a lot of really cool stuff, but we are definitely limited. A lot of mods could probably be done in a smoother manner if modders didn't have to think of clever ways around restrictions.

- Lastly, it's 5 bucks! I mean, that's awesome. As well, like all DLC, you can just skip it if you think mods are all better.

There are so many downright rip-off game devs/publishers out ther today, and Bethesda is the opposite end of the spectrum in my opinion. It's an amazing DLC for console players, and I think it'll still be a lot of fun for us and add some new resources for future modding. Maybe the Build Your House mod can even take advantage of some of Hearthfire's resources. Who knows, I'm excited for it. I simply can't see it as bad right now.

I didn't read many of the negativ comments but i could say many of them are reasonable. Yeah, they should patch the game first. I just reinstalled it because the patches messed up my Script Extender and it always told me "install newest version" and shuted down. I never had such problems, well at least not as bad, with Oblivion, F03 or NV. They should patch the game FIRST. And i don't care who steals ideas from whom, every of these ideas is in the room since Oblivion or even Morrowind.

Also, the Idea of founding a family and build a house are some kind of strange to me. Is this Sims? Is this Sims or what? Founding a virtual family? Realy, who needs that? Don't you have a real family? Well, thats the age of Facebook. The sells will show who needs that.

I mean, besides that its great what they showed again they could make possible. Now the Dragonborn Superslayer finaly can bake some bread by his own. Nice graphics and animations, but for me its still feals like a time wasting simulation.

I can go out and fish in the real world and if i catch something the Dopamin my brain releases is the same. And its real. I think thats the main idea behind games/mods like this, Dopamin. Give the player a task, even its just open a chest, and your brain rewards you with dopamin for progess, or at least feeled progress.

You know what, i go hunting tomorrow. Thinking about this sets me in the mood for doing something real.

The DLC isn't making you do anything... If you don't like the idea of building a home and having a family, don't buy it. Beth are simply giving the player the option of implimenting something very different and new to their games should they so choose to. If it's too Sim like, dont' go for it. Easy!

When I saw the DLC description, I thought it was going to be something close to Build your Own House... But it isn't.

This adds a LOT of immersion to the game. If your character has a "do yourself" personality, this DLC fits greatly.

People hate Bethesda, people blame Bethesda, but they've made a great game, tried to solve a lot of bugs, and is now giving us two great DLCs. I loved the idea of building the house in a Minecraft-ish way, and, from baking bread to adopting a nice and cute daughter or son, I loved it.

Still, I hope that Bethesda suprises us with a third DLC that adds something greater than Dawnguard. Skyrim can still be expanded a lot.

I didn't read many of the negativ comments but i could say many of them are reasonable. Yeah, they should patch the game first. I just reinstalled it because the patches messed up my Script Extender and it always told me "install newest version" and shuted down. I never had such problems, well at least not as bad, with Oblivion, F03 or NV. They should patch the game FIRST. And i don't care who steals ideas from whom, every of these ideas is in the room since Oblivion or even Morrowind.

Also, the Idea of founding a family and build a house are some kind of strange to me. Is this Sims? Is this Sims or what? Founding a virtual family? Realy, who needs that? Don't you have a real family? Well, thats the age of Facebook. The sells will show who needs that.

I mean, besides that its great what they showed again they could make possible. Now the Dragonborn Superslayer finaly can bake some bread by his own. Nice graphics and animations, but for me its still feals like a time wasting simulation.

I can go out and fish in the real world and if i catch something the Dopamin my brain releases is the same. And its real. I think thats the main idea behind games/mods like this, Dopamin. Give the player a task, even its just open a chest, and your brain rewards you with dopamin for progess, or at least feeled progress.

You know what, i go hunting tomorrow. Thinking about this sets me in the mood for doing something real.

Well, for roleplayers like me, founding a faimly and building a house is a nice experience and makes your character more... real (Of course, a blood-thirsty assasin probably wouldn't adopt childs, unless he wants some disciples on the art of killing).

And, unfortunately, not all people like to do things on real life, because even if virtual things are nice, we aren't virtual, we have family, friends, etc. Unfortunately, there aren't dragons to slay and Elder Scrolls to fetch. :P

Edited by DanTR

The DLC isn't making you do anything... If you don't like the idea of building a home and having a family, don't buy it. Beth are simply giving the player the option of implimenting something very different and new to their games should they so choose to. If it's too Sim like, dont' go for it. Easy!

^This.

Don't like it, don't buy it. And let those who like it buy and play in peace.

^This.

Don't like it, don't buy it. And let those who like it buy and play in peace.

Sign the White Gold Concordat. It's the only way to survive the onslaught of the "I'll download that if it doesn't steal stuff from a mod" Dominion.