ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Absorption & spell mods

TheUninvitedGuest

I've recently gotten into playing with the creation kit and thought I would take the plunge and develop a very simple mod to start off with:

Add the spell "Conjure Dremora Warlock" to the game. Effectively allowing you to conjure a Dremora Valkynaz mage character for 60 seconds.

So I created the actor/effect/spell/spell tome and whacked it on a table in the Arch-mages quarters.

Not an unproductive half an hour. I then decided to go back over the process and look at some options in depth. See if I could make the mod

stand out a little more.

During this process I noticed the following option:

http://i.imgur.com/IRBN1.gif

Now - I recently activated the Atronarch stone and have been having trouble getting summon spells to work more than about 1 in 4 times ever since (The Aetherium Staff is a big source of disappointment).

When I ticked this box however, sure enough, my Dremora Warlock worked every time without fault.

Here is my problem: If vanilla spells (made by beth) and spells made by far more experienced modders (props to EnaiSiaion - he changed my game!) suffer from this issue then the fix cannot be as simple as just ticking the box.

TL;DR - the creation kit clearly provides a tick box solution to the summon/absorb issue... where is the catch ?

Cheers in advance guys :)

That is very weird.

I have never had to check that box for spells to work.

Probably something more complicated going on in the background.

Did you check the CK website?

Don't really have any answers. Perhaps Enai can help.

I would just send him a message.

Thanks :) .I Think I will drop him a PM - however I am right in thinking that absorption of your own spells is a common issue am I not ? I read about it here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Spell_Absorption#Bugs .

Whether or not there is something more complicated going on in the background - would you know any reason why I *shouldn't* tick that box (any unintended effect it may have)?