Brand New Companion

Hey everyone, just a quick post!

I'd really love to create a new/be a part of a companion in fallout: new vegas.

I look at the companions in the nexus are there are only a handful that are actually good such as Willow and Steve the Radroach.

I would really love to make another female companion, I'd want her to have a huge questline and just like the Willow Companiom I'd love to have the Friendship Points and the player can see how they are progressing with the companion.

So what would my part be?

Im --

A great story writer.

A good vanilla weapons creator.

And I suppose Im okay at retexturing If i spend a lot of time on something.

Things I'd love to learn...

3d Modeling - As of which Id love to remake my own weapons like 100%

Perfect Retexturing.

Script editing and Creation of Quests.

So what have I come up with so far?

Race: Human, Caucasian.

Face: Cute, young, long hair.

Combat Effectiveness: Extreme Long Range (Sniper Rifles, Anti-Material).

Quests: Plenty of Quests to do, all with a specific meaning to the Character herself.

Clothes/Armor: As she will be at extreme long range, she should be using light armor or clothing, or maybe a stealth suit.

I would really love to hear back from everyone on how this can be done. If you dont think you can contribute but have Ideas, Post here with *Ideas* before you post or message me and I will get back to you and most definately check it out.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

My Ideas: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zd1v44fme6upn3d/IDEASversion1.0.txt?dl=1

Edited by Guest

Another girl? You sure? I have no problem with that but it'd be nice to have another dude watch my back.

Anyways, I don't specialize in this area, sorry. But I endorse your idea and it sounds like a great concept. :thumbsup:

Not including vanilla companions the only good male companions I've found is Achilles from CNR and deadpan from BBD and there more on par with vanilla companions while Willow is in a league of her own. So in my opinion there is more need for a "Male Willow" but that's my opinion and your probably better off designing a character you like than letting others dictate their ideas to you.

If your going to make a willow level companion I recommend learning script editing, how to handle dialogue and quest creation. What I'd start by doing is looking at the vanilla companions and willow's scripts and how their dialogue is set up so you have some guidelines on how to make a companion.