Freezing and CTD

RxHipster

DLC1 scripts can be solved if you use Unofficial Dawnguard Patchhttp://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/352-unofficial-dawnguard-patch/

I don't know for Combat scripts, maybe Deady Combat? because Duel - Combat Realism doesn't have that scripts

Thanks for the help I have a feeling that the Combat scripts are from SkyRe

Still getting crashes I will try on a clean save

im not using SkyRe, and im finding its probably not a combat script because, at least for me, its not the same things that trigger it. basically its this:

1: often in exterior zones. NEVER in interior zones that i can recall.

2: from all types of enemies. bandits, dragons, trolls, bears, from SkyMoMod or vanilla.

3: a fight that causes a crash once might not after a load.

4: some zones do seem to have a "permanent" crash-cause, until it resets.

5: the freeze is utterly unprecedented. no loss of FPS, no stuttering, just BOOM frozen. crashes - which i never had before today, but have had several times just before big fights begin - are the same.

6: if it doesnt happen right at the first instant of the fight, it probably wont happen at all. basically, once the red dots appear, thats when its going to freeze.

interesting thing: i used a texture optimizer, and when i restored the baskup, the crashes because much less frequent, but the crashes began. still less often that previous.

EDIT: im not using Deadly Combat, but i am using Duel - Combat Realism

EDIT 2: this problem has become worse with every attempted fix, such that i cant walk 20 feet without freezing right now. my game is unplayable, whereas earlier today i played for hours without a freeze or a crash.

This precisely sums up my issues, especially #5.

I use NMM, Boss, I have compressed texture file sizes (as per STEP instructions), optimized my video processing, updated my drivers, defragged my hard drive, and reinstalled Skyrim and all my mods 3 times.

I will be playing, wanting to have a great time, but every few minutes I'll tap F5 to save because I know that any second, the game will freeze.

I don't have an error log to post (how can I create one?) but my experience is the same.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLC1 scripts can be solved if you use Unofficial Dawnguard Patchhttp://www.darkcreations.org/forums/files/file/352-unofficial-dawnguard-patch/

I don't know for Combat scripts, maybe Deady Combat? because Duel - Combat Realism doesn't have that scripts

Thanks for the help I have a feeling that the Combat scripts are from SkyRe

Still getting crashes I will try on a clean save

im not using SkyRe, and im finding its probably not a combat script because, at least for me, its not the same things that trigger it. basically its this:

1: often in exterior zones. NEVER in interior zones that i can recall.

2: from all types of enemies. bandits, dragons, trolls, bears, from SkyMoMod or vanilla.

3: a fight that causes a crash once might not after a load.

4: some zones do seem to have a "permanent" crash-cause, until it resets.

5: the freeze is utterly unprecedented. no loss of FPS, no stuttering, just BOOM frozen. crashes - which i never had before today, but have had several times just before big fights begin - are the same.

6: if it doesnt happen right at the first instant of the fight, it probably wont happen at all. basically, once the red dots appear, thats when its going to freeze.

interesting thing: i used a texture optimizer, and when i restored the baskup, the crashes because much less frequent, but the crashes began. still less often that previous.

EDIT: im not using Deadly Combat, but i am using Duel - Combat Realism

EDIT 2: this problem has become worse with every attempted fix, such that i cant walk 20 feet without freezing right now. my game is unplayable, whereas earlier today i played for hours without a freeze or a crash.

This precisely sums up my issues, especially #5.

I use NMM, Boss, I have compressed texture file sizes (as per STEP instructions), optimized my video processing, updated my drivers, defragged my hard drive, and reinstalled Skyrim and all my mods 3 times.

I will be playing, wanting to have a great time, but every few minutes I'll tap F5 to save because I know that any second, the game will freeze.

I don't have an error log to post (how can I create one?) but my experience is the same.

theres an .INI setting you can add somewhere - instructions are earlier in this thread, which i followed - which enables python error logging. then, as also earlier described, it will make a file. i have no idea what it means, but some people who read this forum do xD

forgive me, but in a sense its good that you have this problem too. between the lot of us, we might be able to actually fix it!

I am having this problem as well... Ever sense I downloaded the Sounds of Skyrim I kept getting CTD's so I uninstalled them. Now my issue is much worse... I now have papyrus script errors and bloated save files which I believe is the cause of my constant freezing every couple of minutes. Is there any way I can minimize my bloated save files and or fix the script errors so I can play my character again? I really can't afford to start over with a new character.

r

I've tried reinstalling the mods. No help so I uninstalled them again. I've tried verifying game cache integrity. Tried sleeping in the Breezehome for 10 days (very tedious especially because of the constant freeze spikes). I've tried making a copy of my troubled script (USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc) in Creation Kit in the QASmoke interior to hopefully alleviate the script errors (followed a guide on the nexus forums somewhere). Tried installing the loose file version of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch after running my game with the bsa version for a while without any problems. None of those options worked for me.

Here is a snippet of my Papyrus log error file:

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.UnregisterForUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 53

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 54

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 54

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"

stack:

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Cannot call ForceRefTo() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 77

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Cannot call ForceRefTo() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 78

[09/01/2012 - 01:07:15AM] error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 53

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 77

stack:

[None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - "USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc" Line 78

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

Edited by ky1et

I am having this problem as well... Ever sense I downloaded the Sounds of Skyrim I kept getting CTD's so I uninstalled them. Now my issue is much worse... I now have papyrus script errors and bloated save files which I believe is the cause of my constant freezing every couple of minutes. Is there any way I can minimize my bloated save files and or fix the script errors so I can play my character again? I really can't afford to start over with a new character.

r

I've tried reinstalling the mods. No help so I uninstalled them again. I've tried verifying game cache integrity. Tried sleeping in the Breezehome for 10 days (very tedious especially because of the constant freeze spikes). I've tried making a copy of my troubled script (USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.psc) in Creation Kit in the QASmoke interior to hopefully alleviate the script errors (followed a guide on the nexus forums somewhere). Tried installing the loose file version of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch after running my game with the bsa version for a while without any problems. None of those options worked for me.

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

Delete the script USKPCW...... should fix that part.

Edited by RxHipster

the Crimson Tide site seems to have given us the answer. that it causes "game-breaking freezing" is well known there, and unaddressed. i have uninstalled it, and voila! those hideous and notorious "zblood" and "zgore" scripts are gone! hopefully this will reduce the crashing/freezing, as weve positively identified zbloodnpc as one of the major problem causers.

sad to see a cool blood mod go, but if the scripts are THIS messy, it shouldnt be up.

edit: im still getting tons and tons of errors in python about that damn script, but they;re just warnings now that it cant find it, which i prefer. however, is that ever going to stop? is that going to cause problems? and how do i fix that?

Edited by Elizinator

r

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

Delete the script USKPCW...... should fix that part.

I tried that but still got the same script errors. Also I believe I need that script file because it is part of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch mod which i'm using.

Ok, so I just completely uninstalled Unofficial Skyrim Patch and I loaded a save that's about 10 hours behind my latest save on my one and only character. I didn't notice any freezing and I wasn't getting that script error anymore (yay :D). Where as before I was getting freezes and script errors on that save. So I think they stopped my save files bloating up. However on my more recent saves, the bloated ones, I still get same lengthy freezes as well a similar, but different script error. I don't know... I might having to settle with the 10 hour behind save file... It wouldn't be the first time. :\

Here is a snippet of my new Papyrus log file:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] error: Method OnUpdate not found on USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript. Aborting call and returning None

stack:

<empty stack>

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] error: Method OnUpdate not found on USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript. Aborting call and returning None

stack:

<empty stack>

stack:

<empty stack>

stack:

<empty stack>

stack:

<empty stack>

stack:

<empty stack>

stack:

<empty stack>

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] VM is freezing...

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] VM is frozen

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Dumping stack 69922460:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Type: Normal

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Return register: None

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Has stack callback: No

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Stack trace:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] [None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - (requested call)

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Dumping stack 69922461:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] [None].USKPCWCampLeadersFixScript.OnUpdate() - (requested call)

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Dumping stack 69922462:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Dumping stack 69922463:

[09/02/2012 - 03:02:58AM] Dumping stack 69922464:

Edited by ky1et