Console Command Disable Mod?

probably not a good idea, there are times the console is quite useful, e.g. if/when you get stuck colliding with something unexpected (a rock, a door opened from a creature the other side...), a simple TCL (toggle collision) command for a couple seconds can solve the problem without being cheating. Not to mention how precious the console can be to debug a mod problem.

I know of one mod (The Underground 2) that runs into the game engine's apparent problem with levitating NPCs. There's an enemy with a Constant Levitate item, and if you kill her she falls through the ground and disappears. If you aren't able to access her corpse in the half-second before she's gone, the only option is to use the console to relocate her corpse to your location in order to loot the body, assuming you have her ID.

Edited by ProfArmitage

• 2 weeks later...

Well you would be able to access console commands by closing the game and turning off the mod that removes the CC and restarting the game... so if you REALLY need it then its there.

I just want to stop myself from using CC to travel by using EX- player->coc "balmora" and things like that!

not really a mod (for that probably you would need to persuade some MWSE modder to do it for you, I guess you can try asking at the discord morrowind modding channel), but some alternative could be just disable the key you have set to open the console, e.g. with a program like this

https://www.randyrants.com/2018/10/sharpkeys-3-8/

• 1 month later...