Guards kill me with 1 arrow (in the knee)?

Highnazgul

I'm level 40 now, and I have a good protection from my well-smithed light armor. (with a few light armor perks)

But even if I wear light armor, should guardians be able to kill you with only 1 arrow? (or with 3 slashes from their swords?)

Now I think more deeply, I think its just with every creatures ...

Is this supposed to happen (on adept difficulty). Or should I change some things? ... and how?

Is their some way that you can reset most things? like magicka regeneration etc.

Cause these also doesn't seems to work like it should be ... (magika regenerates too fast, and staming too slow ...)

If this is completely normal, then I understand why the guardians always say that there adventure was ended by an arrow in the knee ...

There are mods that will cause this to happen especailly to people in light armor.

Instance with Dance of Death plus ACE I often got one shotted with arrows.

With Dance of Death make sure you have Player Immunity "Enabled" otherwise you have the same chance of being one shotted as the npc's

With ACE be aware that it decreases the effectiveness of light armor...At high levels this tends to matter.

With just ACE I always got one shotted in close proximity to tough critters. Dragons, Gaints, most boss critters, and includeing but not limited to Elite Bandit Highwaymen. Becuase I was wearing light armor and had very little proficiency.

With something like ASIS also installed you have another layer of dificulty not controlled by the in game setting. IE all perks are now available to monsters and npc's.

There are quite a few overhaul mods out there like this. Check to see if you have those.

If its none of the above you still have options.

1) Could be your stats are borked IE you used showracemenu command and reset your stats. Check your Light armor skill for confirmation.

2) Save Corruption.

3) Your under the effects of a Debuff check magic panel. Could be a mod you installed that alters these.

If you've determined its none of the above. Allow your character to die. Then with that "RESET" get into another fight and see if that resolved the issue.

If that does not work it could be the following

1) You added a mod that alters the weapons list for NPC's IE the npc has a godslayer bow...AKA Finger of GOD Weapon you'd be surprised how often people hit a "0" key without noticeing so a weapon that should do 39 damage does 390 damage. Also this is as above overhaul stuff.

2) If you've determined its not a mod and dieing does not reset your stats, its not a debuff, its not showracemenu, try opeing the consul and Disabling and enableing your PC toon.

3) If that does not work then select a proir save and try to get killed there did you get one shotted

NO) then this save is safe to play.

YES) go back further

YES) did you really check your mods.

I have indeed installed ACE and dance of death a couple of days ago. But I liked the dificulty of these: more realistic but not too hardcore ...

So I just disabled all the mods once again I downloaded these days, and it seems that I overlooked one. The "unofficial skyrim patch" is the main reason of the problem.

(Probably a double "fix" with some other mods)

So I really want to thank you for your help, and time.

And for your great advice, cause you probably helped me to prevent or/and fix future problems ;)