Ammo is too convenient

scottym23

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think ammo/weapons are spawned in the proper locations and frequency?

• Yes.
    • No.

In a post apocalyptic world, people will no doubt be scurrying about trying to find safe places to hide and stash their weapons and ammo there's no doubt about that. However do you really think that the amount of ammo in Fallout and in the locations they spawn in, it would really be that much? In some buildings there is ammo (for some uncommon weapons) in lockers, desks, cabinets, and any location possible. To me this seems a little excessive. I would have personally preferred if only vaults, armories, organized groups, and safes had weapons and ammo. What do you think?

For a hardcore game, arguably yes.

But if this were really the case, we would be fighting Mirelurks and Deathclaws and Supermutants with Nailboards and Big Rocks. That might appeal to some, but not to me.

On the other hand, most of these places would not have remained unoccupied and unused ever since The War. Undoubtedly, in the couple of centuries since, any number of groups (ex-military, survivors, Raiders, etc.) have passed through a given area, stashed their supplies, hung out for a while then either moved on or been wiped out by someone else. Stuff either accumulates or moves around - often a bit of both.

Edited by 7thsealord