Dogmeat to wolf

I been seein a lot of nice retextures of Dogmeat this week and I have always wanted a wolf companion, just Because it seem cool.

I don't really like the far harbour wolves.. like at all! eww.. So I combined the meshes for a mash up. Texture Still needs to be matched better (where it is actually grey, but I think it looks ok. Probably would be better as Enemy would coz you don't look at those too closely, and imo, this looks better than FH wolves but yeah, everything is big and ugly because...radiation.

So, I ran into the first problem inside nifskope, the body (parts that are not grey) seem to not want to change texture I tried editing the material file and texture set in nifskope and in game it remains default texture.

Next is Wolf Head, it uses all the same bones as Dogmeat So I was able to easily copy it into the nif and remove the body in outfit studio. I also removed all the segments other than head and the ssf files for wolf.

I would have thought A simple mesh replacer would do or do I need to edit Armor/armor addons in n esp for dogmeats body and head parts?

I had deleted the original head from the mesh but when loading game, its just normal dogmeat with some grey patches. So that kinda seems like something is overwritting the nif and its contents? If there was a problem with the wolfhead I woulda assumed dodmeat would just have an invisible head..

https://imgur.com/Bg5Fv4V

I know someone made at least one Wolf Dogmeat, But the one I found had very large ears and oddly places teeth. I am open to suggestions of other decent wolf mods that look semi realistic :smile:

Edited by Guest

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I didn't add the CharacterAssets Sub folder. https://imgur.com/pyEdh79

But still stumped on the body texture and why its not changing? This head is surprisingly kinda too small for DogMeat. Bethesda have weird ideas about ratios.

But yea I think I'd prefer these as enemy wolves If I can figure out the texture than do a few different colours