Making kids Unessential

Revontheus

Haha thanks man I already know the setessential command, and have used it on some Jarls in the Basement of the Blue Palace who started attacking me... (Just wondering whether Bethsheda implemented a code which negates the essential command on kids.

Edit: Since there is a timeframe regarding how many new posts I can make, is it ok if I ask another quick question?

I tried using the addfac command on Arngeir and even the setrelationshiprank "Base ID" 4 when it didnt work the first time.

Thanks!!

-Rev

Edited by Revontheus

Haha thanks man I already know the setessential command, and have used it on some Jarls in the Basement of the Blue Palace who started attacking me... (Just wondering whether Bethsheda implemented a code which negates the essential command on kids.

-Rev

Killable Children Mod - You can even pickpocket 'em! :thumbsup:

Edited by JupiterTheGod

The console method that JupiterTheGod gave won't work. "setessential" only works with base IDs, and when you select an actor in the console what you get is the reference ID.

What you have to do is to type the actor's name into the console to get the base ID. The format is:

help <name>

Note that if the actor's name has multiple words you need to enclose all of them in quotation marks (the double and not single quotes), and that the angle brackets are not part of the console command.

You'll find the actor's base ID in whatever the game outputs to the console. Note that number and then type:

setessential <baseID> 0

That's a "zero" and not a capital "oh". You don't have to include any preceeding zeros. This removes essential status. Reversing the process is as simple as ...

setessential <baseID> 1

That's a "one" and not a lower case "ell". This adds essential status.

This will work with any actor, including followers, animal companions, and horses.