Texture animation in NifSkope

eprdox

Hi,

as the title says, I cannot make "animated" texture like the fallout shishkebab has. If I am getting it right, it is the texture mapping coordinates that are getting animated, but no matter what I do it is not working. Since my knowledge of nifskope is rather vague, I basically tried to copy the original nodes from shishkebab model and then assigning (and modifing) them to my textures and mesh. That didn't worked, so I tried few other things, but with no success.

Anyone knows how to properly do this thing? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

as the title says, I cannot make "animated" texture like the fallout shishkebab has. If I am getting it right, it is the texture mapping coordinates that are getting animated, but no matter what I do it is not working. Since my knowledge of nifskope is rather vague, I basically tried to copy the original nodes from shishkebab model and then assigning (and modifing) them to my textures and mesh. That didn't worked, so I tried few other things, but with no success.

Anyone knows how to properly do this thing? Any help is much appreciated.

First of all the texture for shishkebab is on a duplicated mesh that overlays it.

It is semi-transparent, so you can see the blade underneath.

It is a SEAMLESS fire scrolling texture, you should use seamless always for these.

That texture's animation scrolls both U and V (upward/right), but really only needs to go upward.

Its not about the texture to copy and paste, its about the Controller.

You can attach that same controller to any other texture too, but only if BSShaderNoLighting, if its BSShaderLighting, you need a different controller, becuase the BSShaderLighting textures have a TextureSet, but those 'FX' or fire textures have no set

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply on your suggestions, I thought that when I press "Watch topic" it will send me a notification when someone replies to my post, apparently I was wrong. I am not even sure If I should reply to this already dead topic, but at least my answer will show that I didn´t just read your answer and did not thanked you :thumbsup:.

Anyway, lets get to your suggestions. Thank you for clarification, I didn´t know all that. But I´ve had already the file set up that way (BSShaderNoLighting, tile-able texture). But thanks to your post I returned to the file and checked everything once more again and I am ashamed to say that I noticed that I wrongly entered the texture path in BSShaderNoLighting node. That is why it was not showing..... All those lost hours....:facepalm: After that I only adjusted Shader Flags of the BSShaderNoLighting node (to be specific I unchecked the SF_Vertex_Alpha and SF_ Alpha_Texture since there is no need for them), and now it works perfectly. One little thing, it is necessary to check the SF_Skinned flag, since the model is skinned?

Edited by eprdox