Massive bug at the beginning!

Mi7Sama

Hey guys,

today I started playing Skyrim again and first I installed a few mods. Nothing spectacular. Mainly improvements for graphics and menues and similar. Also I added a few weapons and armors, along with CBBE. Dawnguard is installed as well. I also installed Wrye bash and SKSE.

Now, when I start a new game and when I'm supposed to sit on the wagon on my way to the execution, I sit directly in (yes, IN) the imperial dude who's driving the wagon. I can't see any other passengers (because I'm also kinda clipped into the wagon) and the wagon driving in front of us is empty. There is just one guy sitting beneath it with his ass touching the ground (you can barely see him). As if this wasn't enough the city gates do not open as the wagons approach and we just ram into the walls and the wagons flip around and crash and the whole game's messed up from that point (I'm stuck in the wagon forever with my hands tied and that's it).

Anybody ever experienced this? What could cause this and how do I fix it?

Please help~

Thank you~

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this bug is not influenced by disabling all active plugins (even Dawnguard).

Edited by Mi7Sama

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this bug is not influenced by disabling all active plugins (even Dawnguard).

But did you also delete all the loose files, textures, meshes and scripts that were installed by these mods. Your mod isn't really disabled until you remove all traces of it.

Okay, now I managed to narrow it down to the fact that it's a certain mod causing this. I reinstalled the game with a completely new data folder and everything works fine, but when I copy and paste my old data folder and overwrite the vanilla one, everything goes batshit again.

Can anyone think of any mods that could cause something like this? I currently have 96 mods installed and at least it would be nice to know where to start. I guess it may be some mod that influences the character meshes?

• 8 months later...

zulu9812 is correct. For those of us who skip over the read me files and want everything to just work (read: me) you have to make sure you follow the instructions with FNIS otherwise you get this exact error. Once I did what the instructions said I had no problems. Hope this helps.

• 6 years later...