Crashing when entering major cities such as Riften and Whiterun.

XxEmHoasxX

So basically, whenever I enter a major city my game will CTD with no error message. And I recently went to Riften, opened the main gate to go inside and CTD'd. When re-loading Skyrim I looked at my most recent save which was an auto-save inside of Riften and the thumbnail image was just static...

Any help would be much appreciated.

My load order directly from LOOT:

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
6 6 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
7 7 ApachiiHairFemales.esm
8 8 RSkyrimChildren.esm
9 9 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
10 a notice board.esp
11 b ApachiiHair.esm
12 c Cutting Room Floor.esp
13 d Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
14 e Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
15 f Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
16 10 FNIS.esp
17 11 SkyUI.esp
18 12 RaceMenu.esp
19 13 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
20 14 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
21 15 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
22 16 WetandCold.esp
23 17 WetandCold - Ashes.esp
24 18 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
25 19 Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
26 1a The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns.esp
27 1b immersive roads.esp
28 1c JKs Skyrim.esp
29 1d RichMerchants.esp
30 1e 3DNPC.esp
31 1f 12FemaleBrows.esp
32 20 Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
33 21 Blowing in the Wind.esp
34 22 Blowing in the Wind - Lanterns of Skyrim Patch.esp
35 23 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
36 24 Immersive Weapons.esp
37 25 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
38 26 Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Blowing in the Wind - JK's Skyrim Patch.esp
39 27 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
40 28 Inigo.esp
41 29 Cloaks.esp
42 2a UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
43 2b BecomeKingofSkyrim.esp
44 2c Bijin AIO.esp
45 2d Bijin NPCs.esp
46 2e Bijin Warmaidens.esp
47 2f Bijin Wives.esp
48 30 CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
49 31 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
50 32 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
51 33 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
52 34 ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
53 35 ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
54 36 FNISSexyMove.esp
55 37 Immersive Wenches.esp
56 38 Immersive Patrols II.esp
57 39 Immersive Wenches -Apachii hairs- Patch.esp
58 3a imp_helm_legend.esp
59 3b PCE - Marked Droppable Barenziah Stones.esp
60 3c SofiaFollower.esp
61 3d The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
62 3e RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
63 3f RSChildren.esp
64 40 ScarletDawnArmor.esp
65 41 Serana.esp
66 42 Unique Uniques.esp
67 43 VioLens.esp
68 44 Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch.esp
69 45 Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp
70 46 Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
71 47 RDO - UFO v1.2i Patch.esp
72 48 RealisticWaterTwo.esp
73 49 RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
74 4a Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

I have few ideas.

• You are using both Dance of Death and VioLens. Both are editing same things. I would stick with just VioLens, to avoid conflicts.
  • Become High King of Skyrim was last updated October 2013. Mod does not carry over any changes from mods loading above it, like Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. High risk of causing problems.
  • FNIS Sexy Move can stress your Papyrus quite a lot. With other mods you are using, it is certain to stress it quite a lot.
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul is very badly out of date and has proven to cause several issues. Your current crashes could potentially get caused by it alone, though stuff I mentioned above will not help the situation at all.

I would recommend rebuilding this mod list with more up to date mods, ditching the ones that are potentially causing issues and starting a new game.

Also keep in mind that it is not safe to uninstall any scripted mods from ongoing game. You did not mention doing so, but I wanted to underline that, because I recommended rebuilding the mod list.

I have few ideas.

• You are using both Dance of Death and VioLens. Both are editing same things. I would stick with just VioLens, to avoid conflicts.
  • Become High King of Skyrim was last updated October 2013. Mod does not carry over any changes from mods loading above it, like Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. High risk of causing problems.
  • FNIS Sexy Move can stress your Papyrus quite a lot. With other mods you are using, it is certain to stress it quite a lot.
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul is very badly out of date and has proven to cause several issues. Your current crashes could potentially get caused by it alone, though stuff I mentioned above will not help the situation at all.

so its True that Violens is better?! Yay!

Become king of skyrim - didnt install the mod but had a back up, will delet the mod

EFF for the win!!

whenever I enter a major city my game will CTD with no error message

me also, so the work around on this is to fast travel to stables, atlas map maker mod, and enter the city like you mean it.

Edited by DesoZaKiddo

25 19 Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
26 1a The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns.esp

These 2 mods could also be the cause of you crashing. I think The great Cities also edits the Palaces/Castles in the game. Conflicts with each other and then crashes.

You said on the save you could see only static, maybe you didn't install Minor Cities and Town well? Or you're missing meshes or something may be overwritten the mod.

Remove UFO, as Suvanto said
FNIS shouldn't really bring issue to your NPC's as it only changes the way they walk, but if installed incorrectly it could indeed break the game. (But it only happens in cities so i don't think this will be the issues)

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
You probably need a patch for Minor Cities and Towns here too.. Immersive Citizens change the paths they walk, which could cause conflicts.

JKs Skyrim.esp

Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns.esp

I checked again: Choose one... You WILL have to delete one and probably start over because this is the reason why you crash. Never EVER download multiple city overhauls

FNIS shouldn't really bring issue to your NPC's as it only changes the way they walk, but if installed incorrectly it could indeed break the game. (But it only happens in cities so i don't think this will be the issues)

Each affected NPC is given a token and game has to check them individually to assign the walking style. This means that Papyrus will create a check per female NPC in the area. This can become a problem, if multiply checks are being made.

Which is why I have preferred using mods that change walking styles universally. Less "immersive", but also less stressful for Papyrus, if mods are causing game to create multiply extra checks on cells or NPCs.

Each affected NPC is given a token and game has to check them individually to assign the walking style. This means that Papyrus will create a check per female NPC in the area. This can become a problem, if multiply checks are being made.

Which is why I have preferred using mods that change walking styles universally. Less "immersive", but also less stressful for Papyrus, if mods are causing game to create multiply extra checks on cells or NPCs.

Hmm never had an issue with the FNIS Sexy Move. The only real problem i can see here is that he has 2 city overhauls. One that changes cells almost completely. JK's Skyrim as example just adds a few things but if it comes in contact with an item from the Town/City overhaul he installed it would probably crash. Even though it's weird he only sees static when he looks at his loadfile.