Mods you like that you feel are underrated

gamenode

I recently started to use PsiKotics Necromancy Mod, which is a huge expansion for everything that involves necromancy and manipulating the undead. It adds a lot of new spells, functions and revamps the whole conjuration tree. The creator is seems to be very active on the project and updates it a lot. This currently also works with Belua Sanguinare, with the exception of some vampire-boosts from the Necromancy Mod that doesnt have any effect on BSR vampires, but which luckily doesn't cause any crashes or bugs. Perfect for anyone playing vampire necromancers :) I really think this project deserves a lot more attention.

Also, Forested Skyrim is an excellent mod that turns the boring flat area around Whiterun into a pine forest :D Probably not something for any lore-geeks, but it adds a massive refreshing and cozy feeling to that area which is much welcomed after hundreds of hours of running back and forth around that place. It seems to be very well done and doesn't affect my performance much at all. I recommend to combine it with Lush Trees and some mod of your choice that also add trees within the walls of Whiterun (There are a few to choose from).

Here's a pic I grabbed earlier today from the gates of Whiterun;

http://i.minus.com/itvYPmxCa3d4X.jpg

The items might be interesting but since I'm currently a vampire I can't eat or benefit from food, magic, or potions. Maybe on my next character.

I'm glad you brought up the potions. It makes sense to me that health, magicka, and stamina potions don't work well but I've also noticed that potions that let you carry more for 300 seconds don't work, either. Does that mean blacksmithing, enchanting, resist, fortify, etc potions don't work, either? D:

I think that actually makes sense, since you should have to 'digest' the potions to get the benefits, and vampires don't digest much of anything once they're dead.

SkyRealism - Feast and Famine by IndigoNeko.

A lot of people prefer Imps More Complex Needs for fatigue, hunger and thirst, but I do believe F&F's implementation is a LOT more sensible, and most of the time you won't even think it's a mod, but something that's been there all the time. I was very irritated with ICMN's popup menus and how it was putting a clutter of items in my inventory. This one is much more lightweight and does more or less the same.

The items might be interesting but since I'm currently a vampire I can't eat or benefit from food, magic, or potions. Maybe on my next character.

I'm glad you brought up the potions. It makes sense to me that health, magicka, and stamina potions don't work well but I've also noticed that potions that let you carry more for 300 seconds don't work, either. Does that mean blacksmithing, enchanting, resist, fortify, etc potions don't work, either? D:

There are 5 vampire levels irrc. As you progress up the hierarchy you gain vampire strengths and abilities and lose your humanity. Part of that is that eating no longer helps you and eventually potions and even self-cast healing spells no longer work on you. But you can harvest hearts from newly killed npcs and store them in jars to eat later. You can also feed in combat to restore health and turn your enemy into an undead slave. As you get higher in vampire level those slaves last for a very long time if you want them too.

There is even an option to turn an npc into a vampire companion although that doesn't work right just yet. He's working on it though.

I don't even use shouts myself. And BRS had the best vampire options long before Dawnguard came out.

I recently started to use PsiKotics Necromancy Mod, which is a huge expansion for everything that involves necromancy and manipulating the undead. It adds a lot of new spells, functions and revamps the whole conjuration tree. The creator is seems to be very active on the project and updates it a lot. This currently also works with Belua Sanguinare, with the exception of some vampire-boosts from the Necromancy Mod that doesnt have any effect on BSR vampires, but which luckily doesn't cause any crashes or bugs. Perfect for anyone playing vampire necromancers :) I really think this project deserves a lot more attention.

Also, Forested Skyrim is an excellent mod that turns the boring flat area around Whiterun into a pine forest :D Probably not something for any lore-geeks, but it adds a massive refreshing and cozy feeling to that area which is much welcomed after hundreds of hours of running back and forth around that place. It seems to be very well done and doesn't affect my performance much at all. I recommend to combine it with Lush Trees and some mod of your choice that also add trees within the walls of Whiterun (There are a few to choose from).

Here's a pic I grabbed earlier today from the gates of Whiterun;

http://i.minus.com/itvYPmxCa3d4X.jpg

I'm going to try that necromancy mod. I never liked the way necromancy worked in skyrim. It seemed that it was too hard to raise corpse and they were too few in the first place. Plus, you had to decide which spell to use and it was clumsy always having to sort through the list to get the right spell.

That's really one thing I hate about Elderscrolls is that there has never been enough key binds to use the spells you want to use without stopping and looking for it. It ruins the fluidity of the game. You pretty much have to use just 8 spells or weapon or potions unless you want to stop and look for something.

That's really one thing I hate about Elderscrolls is that there has never been enough key binds to use the spells you want to use without stopping and looking for it. It ruins the fluidity of the game. You pretty much have to use just 8 spells or weapon or potions unless you want to stop and look for something.

Then I think More HotKeys is another mod you should try out ;) It adds the possibility to bind a lot more keys, as well as several spells to a single key. Incredibly useful for mages.

Here's a demonstration from the previous Beta.

Mastery of Magicka by SupremeDemon

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11721

Brilliant mod I think. I love the way it's done. It reworks the illusions tree so you don't have to grab the calm and fear perks before the frenzy one. It give you a perk that damages undead if you use a healing spell on them. There's a bunch of little changes to all of the skill trees. Also, it adds a few pretty well balanced spells to the game. Revitalize is my new favorite spell. Increases your regeneration for magicka, stamina, and health (base is 20% across the board for 60 seconds). Ease Burden is nice too. Increases the carrying capacity by 50 for 2 minutes. And of course they can be dual cast and scale with your perks.

Also this one.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18395

I love this one. Very simple. Customizable. No weird intrusive powers or odd vendor. Just a rock.

Then I think More HotKeys is another mod you should try out ;) It adds the possibility to bind a lot more keys, as well as several spells to a single key. Incredibly useful for mages.

That looks promising. However, I've been having trouble with SKSE. Every time I try to start it it says I'm using a new version of Skyrim than SKSE supports and I should wait for SKSE to catch up. Unfortunately, it's been saying this for a month now.

I'm pretty sure I'm downloading and installing it correctly. Any ideas on that?

I'm in the latest version (I think) and using SKSE and don't have these messages. 1.7.7.0.6 I think. I don't have it up to check though...

From the SKSE site:

SKSE will support the latest version of Skyrim available on Steam, and only this version (currently 1.7.7.0). When a new version is released, we will update as soon as possible; please be patient.

From uesp.net:

Version 1.7.7.0.6 was released 07/30/2012 on Steam.

Upon further investigation I have realized that I installed in improperly. It's starting up fine now. ty

Edited by gamenode