Probably a final topic on the official High Res. Texture Pack and alternatives

lavarob

So I have been playing Fallout 4 for quite a while now without noticing that I have always had that on - the reason I had noticed it was because I thought of getting a higher res face texture for female characters... Lo and behold I realize the f***er has been taking 50gigs of my already tightly packed ssd in addition to causing the well know dark face bug.

I'd like to point out that I don't think the black face issue is in my case caused by the lack of vram... proud rtx 2080ti owner here (though paired with a ryzen 1600). I now know that there is the character customization compendium fix and a separate individual mod for fixing that bug but now that I've unfortunately deleted it by unticking it on the steam dlc box... I don't think I want to touch that thing again considering the size. I personally haven't seen all that much of a difference in the game after I lost it. Or I mean I can see a loss at the "crispiness" of a bunch of random things in the game but on the other hand I had a pretty nice fps increase in city areas (before it had dips in the low 30/20's probably also because of heavy mod list + enb/weaker cpu) and a load time decrease and now there is no need to download fix for the character texture bug

And I don't know why would I hang on to that considering how often I delete and reinstall fallout 4. I'm looking for alternatives for that though. Are there any mods that would make the lack of the texture pack less visible? (mods that wouldn't have the insane size of the steam pack but would still be an improvement over the vanilla textures)

Edited by lavarob