baldur's gate series

josh900

The entire series? I don't know actually. I have the original PC versions and expansions and I also have the PS2 versions of 1 & 2. What I enjoyed most? I guess the scale of the world and mix-matching items to make cool armors. I like "dungeon-crawler" style games and BG was my first so it holds a special place in my collection.

Definitely amongst my favourite titles ever published.

I've gone through the fantastic CRPGs and the mundane Dark Alliance series. If we're talking about the the PC versions, we can call it masterpiece. Especially BG2. The most enjoyable aspect for me was in the vast amount of dialogue and character interaction which added a level of depth I really haven't encountered in another game since then. I almost hope a new instalment never sees release as it will surely fall below my impossible expectations. Anyway, I'm replaying it currently and it's still fun. Mods help. Pocketplane, if you're interested.

i had forgotten about the console version.i hated them.they didn't have anything to do with the computers story line.and yes the mods do make it better depending on which ones you get.

• 4 weeks later...

BG series is THE best games I ever played... The classic isometric look, the second edition, and of course Aerie :) It is not a game, it is just like a book, I always play BG whenever I have time, what really amazes me is that the conversations between the NPC's...

The dialogs between Aerie and Jaheria, Keldorn (he is just plain awesome :)) and Jaheria... Also I love the conflict between the tiefling blade singer and your character over Aerie :) How she falls in love with you, and of course the celebrity of the setting, Drizzt Do'Urden!! :) The tricks that Jarlaxle pulls to lure you in his plans, many more side quests to enjoy the game to the last bit... Winning a Keep and running it... the game is like it has no boundries... Just true classic...

What I dont like about is that there is no good succesor after the two great games... NWN is not that a good story teller to let you enjoy the game (Although I love the story of that dwarf fighter in NWN2 :)) and the Throne of Baal was too tough for me to beat... it was a power play expansion but I dont like powerplay since it ruins the RPG part...

Play it, let others play, awesome game all around... If you like them try the fallout series :D but F1 and F2 not F3 since F3 is far far different from the first two games...

• 2 weeks later...

Without question, Baldur`s Gate is one of my absolute favorites. It was the first RPG game I ever played and I fell in love with it on first sight. And what is even more important - I still love it just as much as before! :wub:

The graphics, story, companions, diversity of NPC characters, real life enviroment, living cities, dangerous and glorious fights, deadly and wicked enemies, dark dungeons, puzzles and riddles, atmosphere... Everything you can mention about the game is unique and great in every way! And my most favourite part from Baldur`s Gate II - the Underdark with the Drow and the rival elven city - simply gorgeous!!

What more would I want from a game? NOTHING! Give me more of this! :thumbsup:

List of the likeable things in Baldur's gate series goes on and on but all hand drawn area's in everone's favourite places of faerun... (And if youre into FRP and table roleplay this makes it even more legendary) About powerplay thats what all faerun is all about, you can buy protection rings from local market like bubble gum but it adds definetely more challenge since theres always another uber villain who's stronger than the last one you beat down in forgotten realms (And better enough all of them has a story unlike other hack n slash games) Baldurs gate is like another novel for people who liked forgotten realms books and the setting itself and its my favourite setting as a dungeon master honestly. But Black Isle menaged to get the attention of people who doesnt have an idea what is faerun or table rpg content thats why these games are still king of the hill under Wizards of the coast license (Along with Planescape Torment of course...) The only thing i can say i don't like about Baldur's Gate series that theres no developer to make another one for the sequel such as Black Isle did. We, the fans will be playing them in the years to come...

List of the likeable things in Baldur's gate series goes on and on but all hand drawn area's in everone's favourite places of faerun... (And if youre into FRP and table roleplay this makes it even more legendary) About powerplay thats what all faerun is all about, you can buy protection rings from local market like bubble gum but it adds definetely more challenge since theres always another uber villain who's stronger than the last one you beat down in forgotten realms (And better enough all of them has a story unlike other hack n slash games) Baldurs gate is like another novel for people who liked forgotten realms books and the setting itself and its my favourite setting as a dungeon master honestly. But Black Isle menaged to get the attention of people who doesnt have an idea what is faerun or table rpg content thats why these games are still king of the hill under Wizards of the coast license (Along with Planescape Torment of course...) The only thing i can say i don't like about Baldur's Gate series that theres no developer to make another one for the sequel such as Black Isle did. We, the fans will be playing them in the years to come...

Yea that is the main thing about FR, it is too much powerful, but in Dragon Lance, a lvl 4 wizard is really powerful :D take a look at Raistlin and you will know what I mean :D

Oh great thank you all!!! now I have to go home and install the game!!! :D I was thinking of playing fallout again but hell, you cant call it a day if you didnt swing swords side by side with Drizzt Do'Urden...

BTW I really need to form a party soon to play pen and paper D&D...

Archived