ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Getting a NPC to put on armour given to them

antstubell

Hi all.

So its the end of this quest, quest was retrieve boots, cuirass, gauntlets and a lute for a naked woman. Items called Linboots, Lincuirass, etc, NPC named Linette. Found the chest, looted it, off to NPC "here's your gear", NPC "lovely" items added to NPC's inventory, I checked by trying to pickpocket her after the exchange but now I need her to put them on. How can this be done? Thanks.

Properties....

Come on man, don't reset your scripting knowledges everytime you ask for a script. You know how to set properties from the topics you created before.

This if in a normal script

Actor property Linette auto

ObjectReference property ArmorPiece auto

Linette.EquipItem(ArmorPiece)

This if in a quest fragment

Alias_Linette.GetActorRef().EquipItem(ArmorPiece)

Of course ArmorPiece has to be defined in the properties tab as ObjectReference

Properties....

Come on man, don't reset your scripting knowledges everytime you ask for a script. You know how to set properties from the topics you created before.

This if in a normal script

Actor property Linette auto

ObjectReference property ArmorPiece auto

Linette.EquipItem(ArmorPiece)

This if in a quest fragment

Alias_Linette.GetActorRef().EquipItem(ArmorPiece)

Of course ArmorPiece has to be defined in the properties tab as ObjectReference

I'm sorry to keep asking but trust me if there was any kind of tutorial, guide on Papyrus scripting I'd be more than happy to learn it. I learnt programming in BASIC from reading a book/guide many years ago and successfully wrote games in that language but with CK your given a tool without instructions. Where did you learn scripting in Papyrus?

As for making another property, I already have an Alias for each piece of armour which doesn't spawn in the chest its supposed to, had this problem with other quests some items spawn some don't - no idea why I followed tutorials for doing this. Because they didn't spawn I set up a Global Variable, like you taught me and made properties for each item which are listed under Armor as Lboots, Lcuirass and Lgauntlets and placed them in the chest which works and now you say I need to make another property listed as Object Reference. Choosing Object Reference brings up "Select Object In Render Window" or slecting Cell and Reference. The armour pieces are in a chest I can't select them in the render window.

Sorry to bother you, I understand if you don't answer.

Edited by antstubell