The most Unsung Crash, The Reach cell crash

jarlmartin7

Skyrim Gets screwed every time i go or fast travel WHEREVER IN THE REACH. It does not matter whether i start a new character, or revert to a save prior to crash or disable mods, it just keeps on happening. It all started during the time i had the 1.5 blah blah update. Now that I have, yet another new character with no progress, with dawnguard and update 1.7, I can't finish any major quest since almost all major quests has a location in the reach. I am desperate for any solution, I have scoured the interweb for a damn fix, no hope yet. All i do now in skyrim is go running around, killing hostilities in any way possible and in anywhere except REACH cell. Now I am Bored, just waiting for Crysis 3 to come out, BUT I love skyrim, it is just impaired to further comply with me. I need help, I am not equipped to fix this on my own

Have you tried going there after reinstalling the game with a brand new character-save with no added mods or modified ini's? Make sure that after un-installing the game, you delete the remaining Skyrim-folder as well as anything left in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim before you install the game again.

Saves that have been used with activated mods before can still cause problems after they're deactivated. There might also still be forgotten mod-files in your Skryim-folder that are still loaded when booting the game with deactivated mods.

Also, make sure to activate V-Sync with an fps-limit just below 60. If you run the game with higher fps, physics can turn crazy and can cause crashes. I have experienced this especially around the Reach in the past, probably because it's a quite empty high-fps area with a lot of slopes.

You could do the unspeakable and NOT fast travel for a little. I know it might be boring, but I actually like the area and prefer not to fast travel... Why does everybody fast travel all the time? :blush:

Crashing when entering particular cells is covered in this

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Crashing when entering particular cells is covered in this

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4751769/1/#new

This is updated often so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

Thanks, I have read that section, one problem, and this is yet again an embarrassing fault, well I did delete my early saves already, BUT, i did load my earliest save some tome before deleting the saves, which was right after helgen, and boringly traveled on foot (and on a stolen horse) towards reach, and still skyrim gave up on me.