Water

aerophoneix

Alright well I've been working on my mod for a while and been testing it out all the time. For some reason the water seems to just cut out and pieces are missing but it says that the water is there. I can swim through it but can't see it. Can anyone help me with this?

aerophoneix - Hello!

I've only ever done water in interiors, is it interior water you're using?

Did you set your cell to "Has Water"?

That setting is in the Cell's "Common Data" tab when you click on it & Edit in the Cell View window.

You also need to set a Water Noise texture to add ripples to the surface of the water.

That setting is in the Cell's "Interior Data" tab when you click on it & Edit in the Cell View window.

Now the Water Noise textures have to be selected from the Data folder, so you need to place the vanilla ones from the .bsa into there so the GECK can see them.

You can get the water noise textures from the Fallout - Textures.bsa. (they have to be unpacked to be used in GECK).

I use BSA unpacker that's built into FOMM & is listed under "Tools".

From there open Fallout - Textures.bsa & type water into the search filter to find the files.

There's waterfoam01.dds, wastelandwaterpotomac.dds & several more. They are all in that textures/water/ folder.

Best to unpack them all & place them in your data folder with that same sructure:

Data\Textures\Water\

You can then experiment in GECK with the settings you like the best for your water.

Additionally you need to set items around the water to "Refracted By", this allows the water to show up properly too.

Pretty much anything near by like walls & ceiling should be "Refracted By", you click on the object & select it's "Refracted By" & choose a Reference, in this case your water.

You can also set objects to be "Reflected By" this sets what will actuallty be reflected in the water (as long as it's in a possition to actually be reflected). I use this sparingly as too many reflections will eat processor power. Selecting one or two obvious things that would be reflected is usually effective.

There's a good step by step guide to using placeable water here:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/PlaceableWater

If it's exterior water you are talking about & bits are missing, I have seen this problem mentioned before, here's the solution to that from the GECK site:

"Default Water Height: Set the default water height. To avoid rendering errors with autowater, it is recommended that you set this value to at least 10500. "

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Category:World_Spaces

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa