Keywords: FeaturedItem [KYWD:001B3FAC] ?

As in the title, why is this keyword in the records, what it does.
It is associated only with legendary modifications or with enchancement effects at all...

If you create an enhancement effect similar to that of the legendary items, do I have to put this keyword in the record which uses this created effect, and if so, what will happen if I do not do it.

Yes I know, I can try to see how the effect works with and without this keyword, but I do not think about the end result, but the knowledge why it happens.

I would be grateful for an explanation of this, if someone knows what's going on with that keyword.

AFAIK that keyword is used to trigger the “featured item” preview sequence (with dramatic musical cue) that gives a close up view of an item when the player adds it to their inventory. It’s gets applied to not only legendary items, but perk magazines and some quest related items. The items that Scribe Haylen sends you to retrieve during BOS radiant quests come to mind.

As examples, it gets triggered when you pick up an issue of Picket Fences (or any other magazine). You get the full screen close up of the item with a description of what bonus or perk it provides, along with a dramatic musical cue. You can look at the perk mags and quest items like the Deep Range Transmitter from the Call to Arms quest to see how it gets used. I’m guessing the only effect from not using it will be the “featured item” preview sequence won’t be triggered when a player picks up your item.

EDIT: No wonder the browser hung when I tried to post. Everyone is answering at once! :laugh:

Edited by RedRocketTV