Arrow deflecting armors

RogueDemonKing

While playing, I find it a bit strange that an archer using iron or steel arrows can go trough my legendary ebony armor without problems. It is especially annoying when I get shot in the head since I end up walking around with an arrow in the head as if it was something completely normal...while at that point I should really be dead...

I also dislike looking like a porcupine when facing archer units... :confused:

So I was thinking, would it be possible to add the shield block deflect arrows effect to armors, where arrows bounce off the armor when they hit, while still doing the same damage so as not to unbalance the game?

It would also be nice if only arrows of a lower tier deflected off the armor, so daedric and ebony arrows would still pierce trough an ebony armor, etc...

I hope someone is able to do this, since i have no idea how to do this myself :unsure:

• 9 months later...

I really like this idea, so much in fact that I have started looking into it.

I think this is so simple that it can be done with just some scripting with papyrus, although once I have the original I'm going to use SKSE for more dynamic options.

I would alter all of the bows if what you're saying controls that but for some reason any time I try to load ANYTHING in my creation kit it crashes. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and verified it with no luck. Dunno why it's doing this.

I would alter all of the bows if what you're saying controls that but for some reason any time I try to load ANYTHING in my creation kit it crashes. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and verified it with no luck. Dunno why it's doing this.

I don't know that either, perhaps you should ask at Mod Troubleshooting forum to get help