A nod to The Darkness

KyoBladezen

Ive been working on a weapon lately that will be my third mod, and will likely be realeased for public use, but I've run into an issue. My idea, in summary, was to create a weapon which would have an intense questline surrounding it. In The Darkness 2, weapons infused with Dark Energy were introduced, and gave way to the four characters in Vendetas, the secondary quest line. Well, my idea was to have the courier discover a weapon such as this. It would be a 9mm pistol retextured to match one of the pistols that Johnny Estacado recieved from Mikey on his 21st Birthday. Due to contact with this weapon, supposedly for the entire game, despite what the actual game mechanics introduced, both pistols would be infused with Dark Energy. The courier would find one, while a currently undecided enemy would find the other. I've already decided exactly what I want the gun to look like. Ive started making the custom mesh for the pistols, but there's a problem; I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a smoke emitter to the gun to give it the look of it being fully charged with dark energy. Can anyone give me help as to how I would go about doing this?