Bleach Mod

KyoBladezen

Being the anime-lover that I am, I've repeatedly tried, and failed, at making a Bleach-inspired mod. In my mind, I have many great ideas for such a mod, but getting them from my mind to the virtual world of Fallout has turned out to be far more complicated than I had realized at first. My tries have resulted in errors in locations, missing meshes, and the discovery of my complete lack of ability to make new meshes using anything other than Nifscope. Still, the ideas still buzz about, trying to find a way out. So far, all I have is a very simple story that is somewhat lore-friendly.

The quest would start off as a random encounter in the wasteland, where a very attractive human of the opposite gender to the player would approach them, and beg them to help. Of course, the player would eventually be somewhat forced to agree to help them. For male players, the woman approaching would resemble Orihime Inoue, and would use the BNB body mesh to add to her appeal, while for female players, a character resembling Sado "Chad" Yasutoro would approach them, using the Roberts body type, with the character scaled to a more appropriate height. This would be done with seperate ESPs, which would be split before release, rather than a script to determine the gender of the player. Dependant on which ESP the player would choose, either Chad or Orihime would inform the player that they were like them, a "FullBringer", or a person who could call out the soul of certain items. Upon asking an optional question, they would inform the player of how they found out, and what they believed their power to be. Cutting to the chase, they inform the player that Ichigo was captured in another world, and that in the event that caused it, a large number of characters from the show were sent through a senkaimon (A portal of sorts, if you're not familiar with the anime), to the Mojave by mistake, need additional support in order to go back and fight. The characters I had in mind, other than the two aforementioned, are Ichigo Kurosaki in both his hollow form and bankai form, Kenpachi Zaraki, Kisuke Urahara, Yuroichi Shihoin, Tessai Tsukubishi Rangiku Matsumoto, Toshiro Hitsugaya Urryu Ishida Renji Abarai, and possibly a few others. This group will become a new faction, which the player joins upon agreeing to help the messenger of their choosing. They will be allied with the appropriate factions while in the Fallout world, which will only cover a short amount of the mod, which will be divided into three parts.

Firstly, there is the encounter, in which the player agrees to help them, and meets the task force that is sent to help Ichigo escape, and calm his hollow side before he destroys the world he's trapped in. After meeting the group, which is set up in a desolate area which shall be made to work with Monster Mod's spawning, and A World of Pain's new areas. It will be a small camp. Urahara, who is too injured to open a new senkaimon on his own, still peddles his wares to the player, including an unnamed Zanpakuto (Called an Asauchi in the anime), a Shinigami Uniform (Shihakusho), and a mass of other wares as seen in the show, mixed with a number of items designed specifically for the wasteland. Orihime will act as a doctor, hopefully with a custom animation to match her powers, which could be as simple as the screen fading to orange, rather than black. Urryu would act as a repairman, fitting with his character. The other characters would possibly have quests, or be able to teach a perk or ability to the player.

Once aquainted with the characters, the chosen messenger would approach the player and inform them that they needed to train in order to find their hidden power. In this instance, the player would be put into an arena of sorts, where he would be given clothing, and let to take a type of item into the arena with them. This would be their choice as to decide their fullbring. If they take a pistol, then they gan a perk for pistols, if they take a sword, then they gain a perk for melee weapons, if they take in a piece of armor, then the gain an armor perk, ect, etc. They will be forced to use a low-damage weapon, or hand-to-hand combat to defeat an enemy with extremely high HP, but low damage, and no armor. When they defeat it, they gain the perk. Afterwards, they would visit each of the characters relevant to their chosen abilities, as shown by a quest marker, and would receive a quest from each of them that would further develop their abilities. Each quest would be simple, quick, but challenging. For example, a player who chose and Asauchi would have to face Kenpachi in a sparring match. Where whoever was damaged to below 25% health would be the loser. Defeating Kenpachi would allow the player to advance. This is also an example of one that could be repeated. These quests would be taken repeatedly, as the mod would slowly become a part of the players regular world while waiting for the second part to be released.

The second part would be the invasion. In this quest-line, the player would be introduced to the group of Arrancars who are using Ichigo's uncontrollable hollow powers for their own benefit inside the remains of Hueco Mundo. These enemies would essentially be raiders in robes and broken masks wielding swords, and weapons based on spiritual energy. In essence, it would be your standard RPG style combat, where you go through a dungeon of enemies ending in a boss fight, which would repeat in a unique pattern, leading up to a "mega-boss". This part of the mod, as you already guessed, would create a new worldspace similar to the deserts of Hueco Mundo, and would include a multitude of new weapons, with unique variants, as well as a few custom-mesh bosses following the lore of Bleach, combined with a bit of Fallout. After all, this 'is' a new world, therefore it would not need to be completely Fallout lore-friendly. Afted defeating Ichigo's captors, they will release him, in his Vasto Lorde form, into the Fallout world. The player must follow him back to his home, and stop him before the Mojave is destroyed.

The third part would be a hunt. The player would follow clues along a path of destruction to find Ichigo and defeat him, so that he would return to himself. While along this questline, the player would have to fight the Arrancars who escaped with Ichigo into the Mojave. Unlike Ichigo, the majority of them will disguise themselves as normal inhabitants of the desert, aside from something they cannot remove; their broken masks, and the holes in their chests. In the process of finding Ichigo, further new weapons and armors will be introduced as the Arrancar combine their spirit-tech with Mojave weaponry to make more gruesomely powerful weapons. This third quest will be slow-paced, with fewer battles, but almost each one will be boss-caliber. They will ambush you, trap you, lead you on with fake clues, or even become a new fiend leader and try to stop you with a small army. Of course, your powers will grow as you progess from battle to battle, letting you gain the power you will need to defeat Ichigo. Upon finding him, you will be able to choose one of the soul reapers to lend you their powers in addition. This will also grant the player their weapon and outfit, with attached perks. The battle will be tough and lengthy, considering that both the player and Ichigo will be a bit overpowered for normal fallout. But, once the player defeats Ichigo, they will pass out, and wake up with greatly diminished powers. Their fullbring will still remain, although in a far less powerful state, fitting as a more balanced, but still quite powerful ability.

In each of these mods, the player will get to have a choice of companions. These will be Ichigo's team, and will be a companion in the normal game as well. Also, at the end of each of these mods, for the players who enjoyed the nice, little boxes at the end of Honest Hearts and The Lonesome Road, I would plan to include each of the unique items that the player may have missed during the game. These items may be a bit overpowered, yet again, but are truly optional. The player doesnt need to pick them up if they want to have their inventory completely balanced. For those who complete each of these, perhaps including an additional esp for each mod containing only the weapons, armors, items, and companions would be beneficial to the players who are waiting for the next mod in the series, but don't want the large mod slowing down their computer while they wait. I would prefer each character to be voiced and fully synced, if possible. I do realize that we wouldn't be able to get members of the cast to do it, but it's possible to find people that sound similar.

Anyway, that whole book above is my idea. I would love to possibly get a team together and try to make it. Maybe throw in a few optional ESPs to change the UI. Change the Vaultboy to a Bleach character, change the HUD to something a bit more anime-themed, add in a new radio station, or whatever else this possible future team has in mind.