How The Local Map is Depicted

ThomasCovenant

When I type in the search for "local map" it comes up with 799 responses.Way too many to search through.

Can someone please do this:

I would like the local maps of interiors to be drafting-like accurate instead of the in-game smudge.

Showing the obviously straight walls, doorways(with AND without doors) and "windows".

I think that it would also be cool if you could mark the entrance to the building or floor that you're exploring with different colors or markers on the map.

Getting lost in some of the "dungeons" is real easy to do. i.e. The Statesman Hotel. Well it is for me,anyway.

O.T. and sure to anger the Lore-Addicted:

Even though the game setting seems to be firmly stuck in the 1950's, with music from the 1930's, what stopped the scientists from developing things like "Gorilla" glass?

(that which is the view screen of your RL phone.)

There are, to me, incongruities.

The water towers are not 1950's.Look it up on Google Image, or just Google it.

The introduction says that "...in 2077.." things got real bad. So even their engineers stopped doing what they do best for ...127 YEARS! Before the poop hit the fan.

The "holo tapes" seem like nonsense. They're just audio tapes, not holographic anything.Most of the "mainframes" are reel-to-reel, I say most because there is no way that Eden is a reel-to-reel supercomputer...but I digress.

Well, I think the maps are supposed to be generated by you Pip-Boy in real time as you explore. Hence why they only show up for where you've been. The files are also, if I remember correctly, pre-generated and kept in the bsa. Check out this for any more information.