Dwemer DLC

DwemerConstructsLtd

It seems no one has really actually thought through a Dwemer related DLC properly. A questline where you unravel the mysteries of the Dwemer's mysterious disappearance. Along the way you discover the last civilization of Dwemer in an undiscovered "ruin".

To start the questline, you must read the book: The Mystery of the Dwemer. When you finish reading the book, the quest "Long Lost Race" begins. Then in your quest journal it says.

" I read the book, "The Mystery of the Dwemer", and I was intruiged how mysterious the dissappearance of the Dwemer was... I have to look into the ruins of Mzjunzel and look around for clues of how the great race of the Dwemer dissappeared. "

Then you look into the ruin, fighting off Falmer, Chaurus and Dwarven contructs alike! When you get to the Mzjunzel Library, you find a Journal, you read it, it explains what happened to the Dwemer, and why they have all dissappeared. And it mentions a civilization, deeper down then Blackreach, then the quest ends and the next one begins. Now, a courier delivers a letter to you from Calcelmo saying:

"I have heard you have recently explored the ruins of Mzjunzel. If you could please come visit me in Markarth".

When you travel to Markarth, you speak to Calcelmo, he will ask if you have anything on the Dwemer. You show him the Journal. Then he reads it, and he asks you to come with him, and you follow him to his Labatory. He speaks more, and you recieve the next mission. He explains that there is a secret enterance in Blackreach, that the Falmer couldn't find. So he sends you to Blackreach, when you arrive in Blackreach, you need to fight a few Falmer and some Chaurus. As you explore, you find a book. An Adventurer's body lies next to it. You read it, and it tells you the exact location of the hidden city called Azuljundzel. You walk through a waterfall and find a door with a friendly Dwarven Construct standing outside, it asks you this question.

"What is the speciality of the Dwemer?"

And you answer with:

"Engineering." or

"Making the Falmer blind?" or

"Engineering and Craftmanship".

One of these answers make the Construct say "Welcome home".

And the Construct opens the door, and you walk inside and go down the lift, the dwarven door locks itself behind you.

Now... The rest.. I'm leaving to your imagination to figure out, comment below and tell me what your ideas are for the rest of the questline. These are just ideas. Please do not hate me for this forum...

Hey, I was just thinking about this myself and wondering if this was going to be a future DLC. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had this on their mind haha. I love the quest line and that's a great plot, however I think that should be a player made mod and not a full scale DLC. I feel like that would be a great substitute to the actual lore behind the Dwemer's disappearance and their back story, but there would need to be a greater explanation if it was the official DLC. In my opinion explaining the disappearance of the single most innovative, technologically advanced, and developed races/societies needs a better explanation for 99.99% of them going missing then them just hiding in a secret place. But I'm a huge proponent for this to be made into a mod, would be amazing to hold the fans over until the actual lore behind the Dwemer comes out (which it is inevitably, if not in a future Skyrim DLC then in the next elder scrolls game definitely.)

I don't want to know what happened to the Dwemer. The whole situation has been so built up that anything they do is going to be a let down. There's also plenty of playable mer races, so bringing them back serves little purpose without totally changing the lore, IMO.

I don't want to know what happened to the Dwemer. The whole situation has been so built up that anything they do is going to be a let down. There's also plenty of playable mer races, so bringing them back serves little purpose without totally changing the lore, IMO.

There are definitely plenty of mer races, no doubt. However the Dwemer supersede not only the mer races but every race in Tamriel in influence, power, intelligence, and technological advances. You think the Dwemer race "serves little purpose"? I think an argument could be made that the Dwemer are the focal point of the entire Skyrim game. Every main quest line, large side quest, and DLC so far has been largely impacted and influenced by the Dwemer in one way or another. The design team and game developers made the Dwemer ruins and architect the most visually stunning in the game. Why do you think they chose the Dwemer locations for these spectacles, when it could have been any number of landmarks around Skyrim to get that detail to attention? I completely agree that for most people whatever the explanation is going to be probably won't live up to the hype, but Bethesda can't just make this larger then life race so glorious and then never explain what happened to them. That would be a crime, IMO.

Edited by scottym23

There are definitely plenty of mer races, no doubt. However the Dwemer supersede not only the mer races but every race in Tamriel in influence, power, intelligence, and technological advances.

And I would argue that makes it all the more reason why we don't need them as a playable race.

You think the Dwemer race "serves little purpose"?

No, you took what I said out of context. I was speaking in terms of the Dwemer as a playable race, which is what would ultimately be likely to happen if the Dwemer returned as far as the lore is concerned.

I think an argument could be made that the Dwemer are the focal point of the entire Skyrim game. Every main quest line, large side quest, and DLC so far has been largely impacted and influenced by the Dwemer in one way or another. The design team and game developers made the Dwemer ruins and architect the most visually stunning in the game. Why do you think they chose the Dwemer locations for these spectacles, when it could have been any number of landmarks around Skyrim to get that detail to attention? I completely agree that for most people whatever the explanation is going to be probably won't live up to the hype, but Bethesda can't just make this larger then life race so glorious and then never explain what happened to them. That would be a crime, IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I would disagree with you. I don't find the Dwemer ruins to be the most visually stunning in the game, and quite frankly I'm tired of them. They all share the same feel, and as soon as I enter a Dwemer ruin I know I'm going to likely encounter Falmer. In fact, my favorite Dwemer ruin happens to be the one you go to during "The Only Cure", which is a longish name starting with a B that I'm too lazy to look up right now, because it has some unique features and you don't encounter any Falmer.

I see no evidence that the Dwemer are the focal point of the game either.

You enter exactly one Dwemer ruin as part of the main quest and that one serves only as a gateway to Blackreach, which holds the least amount of detail in terms of the Dwemer Culture. Given the large number of quests in the game there are a surprisingly small number of them that take place in Dwemer ruins, and if you take the Mage's guild out of the picture, that REALLY cuts it down. Dawnguard added Dwemer quests, but again, they are entirely optional. The Falmer have more face time than the Dwemer.

I thought it was clear from the opening moments that the two main themes of Skyrim were the civil war and the return of the dragons.

Edited by Stemin

And I would argue that makes it all the more reason why we don't need them as a playable race.

Okay..don't really know how to respond to that because you don't give any reason as to why.

No, you took what I said out of context. I was speaking in terms of the Dwemer as a playable race, which is what would ultimately be likely to happen if the Dwemer returned as far as the lore is concerned.

The topic isn't about Dwemer being a playable race, it's about the lore behind them and getting more information as to what was behind their disappearance...

You're entitled to your opinion, but I would disagree with you. I don't find the Dwemer ruins to be the most visually stunning in the game, and quite frankly I'm tired of them. They all share the same feel, and as soon as I enter a Dwemer ruin I know I'm going to likely encounter Falmer. In fact, my favorite Dwemer ruin happens to be the one you go to during "The Only Cure", which is a longish name starting with a B that I'm too lazy to look up right now, because it has some unique features and you don't encounter any Falmer.

You can't deny that they had exceptional detail, and a ton of the ruins have very unique features. Some have torture rooms, gathering rooms, rest rooms, workshop rooms, and various locations that are exclusive to many of the ruins.

I see no evidence that the Dwemer are the focal point of the game either. You enter exactly one Dwemer ruin as part of the main quest and that one serves only as a gateway to Blackreach, which holds the least amount of detail in terms of the Dwemer Culture. Given the large number of quests in the game there are a surprisingly small number of them that take place in Dwemer ruins, and if you take the Mage's guild out of the picture, that REALLY cuts it down. Dawnguard added Dwemer quests, but again, they are entirely optional. The Falmer have more face time than the Dwemer.

Well yeah, of course the Falmer have more face time than the Dwemer, considering the Dwemer have literally zero face time. And Falmer actually have a TON to do with Dwemer lore. I don't want to explain how, you can look that up if you're interested. The main quest in itself is really short, 20 quests in all and the first 5 are just basic quests to get use to the game. I think you're generalizing quests too much also in your analysis of how many quests are in the game and that such a little percentage is Dwemer related. Do you know how many quests in the game involve dragons? Less than Dwemer in fact, so think about that. And saying "but again, they are entirely optional." is a pointless argument to make in a sandbox game such as Skyrim. The majority of the game IS optional anyway.

I thought it was clear from the opening moments that the two main themes of Skyrim were the civil war and the return of the dragons.

Ah, as if TES games are ever that simple :). From Calcemo in Markarth, to private buyers for Dwemer artifacts, to adventurers trying to get a piece of the pie, to the ends of Tamriel at the college of Winterhold, to advanced technology and people seeking it, to the multitude of hidden ruins and unique locations, it's apparent that the Dwemer play a MUCH larger role than the game initially makes you think. If there's anything I've learned from playing TES games, it's that the most rewarding discoveries and information are the ones that the game doesn't spell out for you right away, such as the obvious choices of the dragons and war.

Edited by scottym23

Okay..don't really know how to respond to that because you don't give any reason as to why.

I should think that was obvious. You list them as the most powerful race. Do we need a playable race that has an advantage over the others thus rendering them useless, and do we need MORE power in a game that already lets you become overpowered?

The topic isn't about Dwemer being a playable race, it's about the lore behind them and getting more information as to what was behind their disappearance...

You say that as if it matters. Or as if it changes the fact that as I already said, you took my statement out of context.

You can't deny that they had exceptional detail, and a ton of the ruins have very unique features. Some have torture rooms, gathering rooms, rest rooms, workshop rooms, and various locations that are exclusive to many of the ruins.

And that separates them from other ruins how? Attention to detail was given to all the dungeons of Skyrim, and many of them have a lot more variety.

Well yeah, of course the Falmer have more face time than the Dwemer, considering the Dwemer have literally zero face time. And Falmer actually have a TON to do with Dwemer lore. I don't want to explain how, you can look that up if you're interested. The main quest in itself is really short, 20 quests in all and the first 5 are just basic quests to get use to the game. I think you're generalizing quests too much also in your analysis of how many quests are in the game and that such a little percentage is Dwemer related. Do you know how many quests in the game involve dragons? Less than Dwemer in fact, so think about that. And saying "but again, they are entirely optional." is a pointless argument to make in a sandbox game such as Skyrim. The majority of the game IS optional anyway.

I don't need you to tell me how much the Falmer have to do with the Dwemer, but you're deluding yourself if you think you can't bring up the Falmer without discussing the Dwemer.

Dawnguard does a great job of that.

So first you argue that the Dwemer might well be the focus of the entire game and then you argue that the majority of the game is optional, so what are you getting at?

Are you implying that the main quest isn't the main quest because they intended it to be the main focus of the game?

Ah, as if TES games are ever that simple :). From Calcemo in Markarth, to private buyers for Dwemer artifacts, to adventurers trying to get a piece of the pie, to the ends of Tamriel at the college of Winterhold, to advanced technology and people seeking it, to the multitude of hidden ruins and unique locations, it's apparent that the Dwemer play a MUCH larger role than the game initially makes you think. If there's anything I've learned from playing TES games, it's that the most rewarding discoveries and information are the ones that the game doesn't spell out for you right away, such as the obvious choices of the dragons and war.

And again, to anyone who's spent any time playing the game, the amount of Dwemer-based conversation is minimal.

Edited by Stemin

I should think that was obvious. You list them as the most powerful race. Do we need a playable race that has an advantage over the others thus rendering them useless, and do we need MORE power in a game that already lets you become overpowered?

You say that as if it matters. Or as if it changes the fact that as I already said, you took my statement out of context.

And that separates them from other ruins how? Attention to detail was given to all the dungeons of Skyrim, and many of them have a lot more variety.

I don't need you to tell me how much the Falmer have to do with the Dwemer, but you're deluding yourself if you think you can't bring up the Falmer without discussing the Dwemer.

Dawnguard does a great job of that.

So first you argue that the Dwemer might well be the focus of the entire game and then you argue that the majority of the game is optional, so what are you getting at?

Are you implying that the main quest isn't the main quest because they intended it to be the main focus of the game?

And again, to anyone who's spent any time playing the game, the amount of Dwemer-based conversation is minimal.

Lol alright, this conversation is beginning to verge on stupidity at this point. I'm going to stop responding all together. Have a nice day :).

Have I come on here to debating? I love it! XD

Well. This DLC idea is NOT making Dwemer playable. The whole point of it is - for people to understand the mystery of the Dwemer a bit more then they do. Me? I'm a Dwemer enthusiast. I go around with Dwemer Armour, with my Artherium Staff, summoning Worker Spiders to my defence - but that's me. I would just like to actually understand the Dwemer a bit more... I tell you... when you've read tons of books on them, you get addicted. Hahah. The reason I also thought Calcelmo would be a great person to help you along with this is because he is the most recognized Scholar of the Dwemer in all of Tamriel. And I was thinking of a quest that lets you take him down to the civilization so he can examine it, and talk to the ancient Dwemer inhabitants. Maybe Bethesda kept this so long is because they don't know... And they want to make a DLC explaining it a bit more, and maybe... just maybe... They are this moment making a DLC for Skyrim, to unravel the mysteries of the Dwemer.

Have I come on here to debating? I love it! XD

Lol I wish, if people knew how to properly debate. That was more like a shouting argument which is why I decided to end it :P

Well. This DLC idea is NOT making Dwemer playable. The whole point of it is - for people to understand the mystery of the Dwemer a bit more then they do.

That's the kind of DLC I would die for! Gahh the Dwemer are such an amazing lore-filled race with so much mystery surrounding them. Could you imagine if all the Chinese people in the world just vanished one day at the exact same time, leaving stoves burning and cars in the middle of the road as if they were just momentarily going away? That's just so mind boggling.

Me? I'm a Dwemer enthusiast. I go around with Dwemer Armour, with my Artherium Staff, summoning Worker Spiders to my defence - but that's me.

Haha I'm a Dwemer enthusiast too, and on my first playthrough I did primarily use their armor. My character currently is using the Dawnguard armor because imo it's the best looking in the game, and he's a warrior so the staff really isn't an option at this point :/. However I do use Dwemer weapons like the arrows and swords.

I would just like to actually understand the Dwemer a bit more... I tell you... when you've read tons of books on them, you get addicted. Hahah.

Yup you said it mate, took the words right out of my mouth...or...in this case right from my keyboard ;P.

The reason I also thought Calcelmo would be a great person to help you along with this is because he is the most recognized Scholar of the Dwemer in all of Tamriel.

Yeah I agree that if there ever is an official DLC involving the Dwemer that Calcelmo should be an integral part.

And I was thinking of a quest that lets you take him down to the civilization so he can examine it, and talk to the ancient Dwemer inhabitants.

This is the only part you kind of lost me at. Again I already said this, but I don't think that would be a fulfilling enough explanation personally. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but Bethesda could probably make a much more convincing and enthralling lore based story behind it.

Maybe Bethesda kept this so long is because they don't know... And they want to make a DLC explaining it a bit more, and maybe... just maybe... They are this moment making a DLC for Skyrim, to unravel the mysteries of the Dwemer.

God we can only hope..:D