Jump to content

Vortex 1.0 Release


BigBizkit

Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I was just forced to read old message "Issued at 16 Aug 2019, 2:45PM by BigBizkit", when I try to navigate in site. Not a big deal but I believe this is not supposed to happen at this time. Edited by hsngrms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I let Vortex to do all things by itself. Tested is twice. Both tries ended up with a fail to launch Fallout 4. Before Vortex handle the mods, it was work. Tested it on Skyrim. Three times. Both times Skyrim failed to launch.... Dragons Dogma same, Fallout New Vegas, to.

 

Now let me ask. Just to be a slave to m,y own curiosity. Why the Hell are you make something what not even work?????????? DO ANYBODY even test it? I don't think so. And if Anybody say different, it was a lie. Something what tested, it work. Something what not works, not tested. I'am strongly recommend, instead of be Money Hunger "pay for everything, for air, for life even to" monster. Do your Stuff work properly, and peoples wish to pay. But if you not keep up the work, but throw "s#*!" out to force people to buy. A few of them are buy, and warn the others and you LOOSE ALL PROFIT!

 

Marketing Management. That is my Job! I know what i'm talking about.

Welcome from Blizzard!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
In response to post #75017858. #76216258, #76220088 are all replies on the same post.


HadToRegister wrote:

 

In response to post #74442993.


HadToRegister wrote:

I originally disliked Vortex. If the new version has the same disappointment, I might document them. For now, I will absorb the enthusiasm of this article and not make a negative comment.

This still, was an amazing advancement for the community and I am thrilled that over 60% usage for gaming and modding goes through this project!
It is so much fun to hear developers tell me of their new 'baby'. Since this new article of version 1.0 existing, I will give it another try!

As someone who helps out in the support forum, I can tell you that around 95% of the problems I've seen with Vortex so far are user error, or refusal on the part of the person to take them time to learn it, or people destroying their game folders by putting the Mod Staging folder INSIDE the game folder, or anywhere else you're not supposed to etc
"I shouldn't have to read a manual on how to use software"

Those type of people have never used something like 3dsMax, or AutoCAD.

Your not totally wrong.
But the issue however is you still get people like me who do sit and read the manual and still can't get simple s*** to work.
And ya it might be me.. but then the question comes up.

Why can I get FO4 to work with 190+ mods in MNN but can't get Vortex to work with a dozen?
I'm told that Vortex is the massive powerful thing that can do all this stuff, but NMM has yet to fail me, and I can't get anything to work on Vortex.

So what is the advantage to learning to use vortex? I'm still confused as to why it was even made.

 

 

I'm using 272 mods in Fallout 4 and have about 8 load order rules set.

I'm using 299 mods in Skyrim SE, I have a total of about 22 sorting rules set.
I let Vortex do all of my sorting, and I only manually sorted those 22, in order to accommodate some custom changes I made to some of the esps.

You're obviously trying to force Vortex to be NMM, by not letting it handle and sort your lad order.

The thing is NMM doesn't do anything, it allows you to sort your Mods incorrectly, and doesn't let you know that there are problems.
You think NMM is easy, but it's only "easy", because it ignores every bad thing you have in your load order, it truly works on the "Ignorance is Bliss" principle, because the user has absolutely no idea if their load order is properly sorted.
Vortex doesn't let you get away with forcing a terrible and incorrect load order on it.
That's why you're having such a hard time with it.

IF you can't get anything to work on Vortex, then the problem is YOU, because plenty of other people are using it just fine.
The only ones who complain, are always the ones who try and force Vortex to be NMM, and refuse to learn it, so they just come to the forums and complain endlessly about it

 

If you spend 6 hours, after "reading the manual", and you claim you can't get "simple stuff to work", then the problem is with you.

I have 299 mods installed for Skyrim SE.
When I mod a Bethesda game with Vortex, I download and install the mods I want and that takes roughly 45 minutes or so, depending on the amount and size of the mods.
I install them as I download them, and I don't worry about any "Conflict Errors" that Vortex tells me about, because I fix those later (It's not like NMM where you have ONE chance during installation to install the mods in the right order, with Vortex you can do that AFTER they're installed, and if you mess up, you just have to change a LOAD BEFORE to a LOAD AFTER, etc, with NMM, you have to uninstall all of the conflicting mods, and reinstall them in the correct order)
Once I have everything I want installed, comes the task of getting rid of the Mod Conflicts.
After reading the Description pages of the mods, and knowing which ones are supposed to load before and after other mods, I click on one of the red lightning bolts, and the MANAGE RULES window opens up, I then go through and set which mods load before or after other mods, (Vortex even suggests which mods should Load before or after).
Once I have that all set, and if I notice a Plugin out of Place, (Like with Fallout 4, Scrap Everything needing to go to the bottom of the load order, I assign the Plugin to the SCRAP EVERYTHING group, hit SORT (I have AutoSort turned on), and boom, now Scrap Everything is at the bottom of my load order.
Total time taken? Probably and hour to an hour and a half.

Something that used to take me a Day or two, now takes about an Hour.


Stipezzimmerda wrote: Vortex is trash, can't even launch Skyrim with the default plugins and a few extra texture mods.
HadToRegister wrote:
Stipezzimmerda
Vortex is trash, can't even launch Skyrim with the default plugins and a few extra texture mods.

Thanks for proving my point so vividly
You respond to my post where I say I have 299 mods working with Skyrim SE (up to 311 now), by saying you can't even get a "Few extra Texture Mods" to work.
In NO WAY, does that show that Vortex is difficult to use, and instead shows that you have no idea what you're doing.
PEBCAK as I said, if you can't get a few texture mods to work, then you are DEFINITELY doing something wrong :D


Yea, I said it before and I'll say it again. NMM is better. The excuse this that "a lot of people put a lot of work into Vortex"......soo? Vortex is still not good. It's not bad, but its not good either. Just take all the great and good things NMM had and implement it into Vortex.

The new things in Vortex that I like (very little things I like, is important to me, use the most, and is more convenient) and there somethings that vortex does better than NMM (It's way easier to overwrite mods and change things you don't like. "I like some of these animations in this mod, but I also want this other animation in a different mod because I don't like this other animation). But NMM just feels better, it's probably because NMM has way less problems where I can see more good things about it. All I want to see in Vortex is for me to organize mods better like NMM did, (MCM uses "F4SE", Advance Needs is "NSFW", Underwear is "SFW", etc.) and change my load order manually......like NMM did. Vortex use to have a list that said "Load Last", but now it's gone.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NMM is better. The excuse this that "a lot of people put a lot of work into Vortex"......soo? Vortex is still not good. It's not bad, but its not good either. Just take all the great and good things NMM had and implement it into Vortex.

 

The new things in Vortex that I like (very little things I like, is important to me, use the most, and is more convenient) and there somethings that vortex does better than NMM (It's way easier to overwrite mods and change things you don't like. "I like some of these animations in this mod, but I also want this other animation in a different mod because I don't like this other animation). But NMM just feels better, it's probably because NMM has way less problems where I can see more good things about it. All I want to see in Vortex is for me to organize mods better like NMM did, (MCM uses "F4SE", Advance Needs is "NSFW", Underwear is "SFW", etc.) and change my load order manually......like NMM did. Vortex use to have a list that said "Load Last", but now it's gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #75017858. #76216258, #76220088, #83260678 are all replies on the same post.


HadToRegister wrote:

 

In response to post #74442993.


HadToRegister wrote:

I originally disliked Vortex. If the new version has the same disappointment, I might document them. For now, I will absorb the enthusiasm of this article and not make a negative comment.

This still, was an amazing advancement for the community and I am thrilled that over 60% usage for gaming and modding goes through this project!
It is so much fun to hear developers tell me of their new 'baby'. Since this new article of version 1.0 existing, I will give it another try!

As someone who helps out in the support forum, I can tell you that around 95% of the problems I've seen with Vortex so far are user error, or refusal on the part of the person to take them time to learn it, or people destroying their game folders by putting the Mod Staging folder INSIDE the game folder, or anywhere else you're not supposed to etc
"I shouldn't have to read a manual on how to use software"

Those type of people have never used something like 3dsMax, or AutoCAD.

Your not totally wrong.
But the issue however is you still get people like me who do sit and read the manual and still can't get simple s*** to work.
And ya it might be me.. but then the question comes up.

Why can I get FO4 to work with 190+ mods in MNN but can't get Vortex to work with a dozen?
I'm told that Vortex is the massive powerful thing that can do all this stuff, but NMM has yet to fail me, and I can't get anything to work on Vortex.

So what is the advantage to learning to use vortex? I'm still confused as to why it was even made.

 

 

I'm using 272 mods in Fallout 4 and have about 8 load order rules set.

I'm using 299 mods in Skyrim SE, I have a total of about 22 sorting rules set.
I let Vortex do all of my sorting, and I only manually sorted those 22, in order to accommodate some custom changes I made to some of the esps.

You're obviously trying to force Vortex to be NMM, by not letting it handle and sort your lad order.

The thing is NMM doesn't do anything, it allows you to sort your Mods incorrectly, and doesn't let you know that there are problems.
You think NMM is easy, but it's only "easy", because it ignores every bad thing you have in your load order, it truly works on the "Ignorance is Bliss" principle, because the user has absolutely no idea if their load order is properly sorted.
Vortex doesn't let you get away with forcing a terrible and incorrect load order on it.
That's why you're having such a hard time with it.

IF you can't get anything to work on Vortex, then the problem is YOU, because plenty of other people are using it just fine.
The only ones who complain, are always the ones who try and force Vortex to be NMM, and refuse to learn it, so they just come to the forums and complain endlessly about it

 

If you spend 6 hours, after "reading the manual", and you claim you can't get "simple stuff to work", then the problem is with you.

I have 299 mods installed for Skyrim SE.
When I mod a Bethesda game with Vortex, I download and install the mods I want and that takes roughly 45 minutes or so, depending on the amount and size of the mods.
I install them as I download them, and I don't worry about any "Conflict Errors" that Vortex tells me about, because I fix those later (It's not like NMM where you have ONE chance during installation to install the mods in the right order, with Vortex you can do that AFTER they're installed, and if you mess up, you just have to change a LOAD BEFORE to a LOAD AFTER, etc, with NMM, you have to uninstall all of the conflicting mods, and reinstall them in the correct order)
Once I have everything I want installed, comes the task of getting rid of the Mod Conflicts.
After reading the Description pages of the mods, and knowing which ones are supposed to load before and after other mods, I click on one of the red lightning bolts, and the MANAGE RULES window opens up, I then go through and set which mods load before or after other mods, (Vortex even suggests which mods should Load before or after).
Once I have that all set, and if I notice a Plugin out of Place, (Like with Fallout 4, Scrap Everything needing to go to the bottom of the load order, I assign the Plugin to the SCRAP EVERYTHING group, hit SORT (I have AutoSort turned on), and boom, now Scrap Everything is at the bottom of my load order.
Total time taken? Probably and hour to an hour and a half.

Something that used to take me a Day or two, now takes about an Hour.


Stipezzimmerda wrote: Vortex is trash, can't even launch Skyrim with the default plugins and a few extra texture mods.
HadToRegister wrote:
Stipezzimmerda
Vortex is trash, can't even launch Skyrim with the default plugins and a few extra texture mods.

Thanks for proving my point so vividly
You respond to my post where I say I have 299 mods working with Skyrim SE (up to 311 now), by saying you can't even get a "Few extra Texture Mods" to work.
In NO WAY, does that show that Vortex is difficult to use, and instead shows that you have no idea what you're doing.
PEBCAK as I said, if you can't get a few texture mods to work, then you are DEFINITELY doing something wrong :D
MokaRV wrote: Yea, I said it before and I'll say it again. NMM is better. The excuse this that "a lot of people put a lot of work into Vortex"......soo? Vortex is still not good. It's not bad, but its not good either. Just take all the great and good things NMM had and implement it into Vortex.

The new things in Vortex that I like (very little things I like, is important to me, use the most, and is more convenient) and there somethings that vortex does better than NMM (It's way easier to overwrite mods and change things you don't like. "I like some of these animations in this mod, but I also want this other animation in a different mod because I don't like this other animation). But NMM just feels better, it's probably because NMM has way less problems where I can see more good things about it. All I want to see in Vortex is for me to organize mods better like NMM did, (MCM uses "F4SE", Advance Needs is "NSFW", Underwear is "SFW", etc.) and change my load order manually......like NMM did. Vortex use to have a list that said "Load Last", but now it's gone.


NMM is NOT better, all it is is a downloader and Installer.

The "Great thing from NMM" have already been incorporated into Vortex., Downloading, that's one of the things NMM was good at.

NMM does NOT tell you about File/Mod/Texture/Mesh/BSA conflicts, it stays silent and lets you make a mess out of your load order.
It downloads and Installs, that's it.

Vortex, sorts your Plugins For you, so you can focus on sorting the Textures, meshes, BSAs, and BA2s that Vortex tells you there's a conflict with.

The people who have a problem with Vortex, are trying to Sort their ESPs, because You HAVE to do that in NMM, Vortex automatically does it.
The only time you need to do something, other than Click INSTALL with Vortex, is if Vortex tells you something is wrong.
That's the only time you need to do something.

Vortex use to have a list that said "Load Last", but now it's gone.

WRONG, it's still there, you just add the ESP to the "Dynamic Patches" Group, and Vortex puts it last in the load order.

The people having a problem, are trying to force their screwed up Load Order on LOOT and Vortex, instead of letting Vortex do the sorting.

Edited by HadToRegister
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...