Me again...more animation swapping issues...again

So I had a big fiasco a little bit ago with some animation swapping issues. Today I got a new one for you.

This time, I'm trying to use these animations:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31599

on the m6 magnum from the misriah armory pack:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39368

My process went as follows:

viewed the file path for CovertSidearm (Deliverer) first person animations, and altered the m1911 first person animation file path to match, so that the animation files are now located in

Meshes/Actors/Character/_1stperson/Animations/CovertSidearm

deployed the altered mod

Opened misriah armory's esp in fo4edit and changed the m6 magnum's anim keywords to the deliverer's.

The result?

The m6 now uses the deliverer animations...the deliverer animations are not replaced with the m1911 animations

the weirdest part? As a fix I tried to do the same process again, but with the 10mm pistol instead of the deliverer. Changed the file paths, changed the anim keywords...the result from THAT?

the m6 now uses the deliverer animations...yes, that's not a typo...the deliverer animations, NOT the 10mm animations.

what the heck happened?

edit: new finding...the 10mm pistol now uses the deliverer animations but with the slide now floating half a foot above the weapon

edit2: on a hunch, thinking maybe somehow the 1911 animations got corrupted and changed into the deliverer animations before i did this whole process, i deleted the 1911 animation mod, deleted my entire actors folder, and let vortex rebuild it, to ensure any loose deliverer animation files were removed. redownloaded the 1911 animations and did the process over, and now the deliverer uses the 1911 animations (yay), but the m6 magnum is still using the m6 magnum animations, despite the keywords telling it to use the deliverer's

Edit3: changing the file path to match the m6 magnum's seems to have worked...even though the magnum's weapon object is using the deliverer's keywords...i dont know why this worked, but ill take it.

Edited by mauskal