deadpool

synistertroy

please make a deadpool mod the suit should have a regenerating health effect, and one handed and bow damage boost, and maybe even throwing in a couple of his lines from marvel vs capcom 3 or the wolverine vs hulk movie would be pretty cool, thanks

I'm not saying that it's ENTIRELY impossible, but doing this, (Definitely adding a few of his lines) would be illegal. If you want a Deadpool-esque costume, than maybe, but it cant be exact, due to copyright restrictions, and other legal issues.

-Piro

please make a deadpool mod the suit should have a regenerating health effect, and one handed and bow damage boost, and maybe even throwing in a couple of his lines from marvel vs capcom 3 or the wolverine vs hulk movie would be pretty cool, thanks

I'm not saying that it's ENTIRELY impossible, but doing this, (Definitely adding a few of his lines) would be illegal. If you want a Deadpool-esque costume, than maybe, but it cant be exact, due to copyright restrictions, and other legal issues.

-Piro

Not sure if that is true, they do have LOTR sword mod on here.

As well as a Naruto mod, etc.

Edited by Sanbru

The basic rule of thumb is: if you use any resources from a copyrighted work (voice files, meshes, textures, music, etc.) then you need permission, which most large companies won't give you (though it never hurts to ask). If you simply plan on making something inspired by a copyrighted work, then that is considered fan art, and is legal to use.

There's a saying among TV producers that "You can't copyright ideas". I like this phrase - it helps artists draw the line between influence and infringement. If you're worried about the legality of a mod like this, just change a few cosmetic details, avoid porting assets from a published work, and you'll be confident that you won't be stepping on any toes.

• 9 months later...