pip boy flashlight mod gobos switching to default

TheWideMurloc

I've been using the pip boy flashlight mod for a long time with no issues. In addition, I've also used mods and mod weapons that add, or already include tactical flashlight attachments, in order to have the flashlight point the direction I'm aiming while in third person. This combination has also never caused any problems until recently.

Suddenly, for some reason, I'll launch the game, and, depending on the weapon I have equipped when I load the game, certain weapons will use the better looking GOBOs from the pip boy flashlight mod, but others will revert to the default. The weapon I had equipped in the save I load always uses the new gobos, but it's never the only one...and sometimes they are from different mods...IE I'll have a minigun with flashlight attachment equipped in the save I load, and it will use the gobos, but the MA37 and BR55 will also use the better gobos, where every other weapon doesn't.

This pattern does not seem to be consistent though, and when I think I've noticed a pattern something happens where, for example, the ma5 assault rifle will use the gobos, but every other weapon from misriah armory will not, meanwhile I'll swap to a completely unrelated weapon...and it has a replaced gobo.

Does anyone know what the issue is here, and maybe even how to fix it?

ok many days of frustration later, I've found the cause and a fix!

If anyone else is having this problem, I hope you know how to use Fo4edit or CK cuz you need to in order to do this fix, since I've also done some personal changes to the esps involved for personal use.

So the issue lies with the mods that have weapon attachment based flashlights included. In this case the culprits were Misriah Armory; the MA37 and br55 expansion to that mod; and Tactical Weapon attachments, which includes additional weapon attachments such as, laser sights, barrel mods, and, you guessed it, flashlights

Open up all suspect esps in fo4edit (or comparable program) Look under the addon nodes for each mod and find the nodes tied to the flashlights. Many of them point to a custom light object since the base game's flashlight is not...well...a flashlight. Simply change this. Point it, instead, to defaultPowerArmorHeadlampLight [LIGH:000B48A0]. It might also work if you change it to the default pip boy light, but this worked for me and I didn't want to risk breaking something that was already fixed in order to try it. There MAY still be some inconsistencies such as light brightness, color, etc. but the gobos will work.

• 1 year later...

ok many days of frustration later, I've found the cause and a fix!

If anyone else is having this problem, I hope you know how to use Fo4edit or CK cuz you need to in order to do this fix, since I've also done some personal changes to the esps involved for personal use.

So the issue lies with the mods that have weapon attachment based flashlights included. In this case the culprits were Misriah Armory; the MA37 and br55 expansion to that mod; and Tactical Weapon attachments, which includes additional weapon attachments such as, laser sights, barrel mods, and, you guessed it, flashlights

Open up all suspect esps in fo4edit (or comparable program) Look under the addon nodes for each mod and find the nodes tied to the flashlights. Many of them point to a custom light object since the base game's flashlight is not...well...a flashlight. Simply change this. Point it, instead, to defaultPowerArmorHeadlampLight [LIGH:000B48A0]. It might also work if you change it to the default pip boy light, but this worked for me and I didn't want to risk breaking something that was already fixed in order to try it. There MAY still be some inconsistencies such as light brightness, color, etc. but the gobos will work.

Most useful tip I've found. It worked perfectly, thank you!!!