Hello guys I'm having a black screen problem hope someone can help

duckz

I am having the same exact problem as duckz and I can assure you all it is NOT a hardware issue.

In your case it might not have been but in his it sounds very much like it is hardware, if his vid card is idling at 70C something is wrong. I have just been through it myself as I said before and had some very similar symptoms to duckz. Hardware check seriously needed. A voltage spike like what had happened to me can happen without you knowing but can do some serious damage. I got black screens and resets and eventually on a reset a message that my CPU was over temperature. At which point I had my rig examined and...eeeuuuuw, major surgery on it.

Yeah, can happen out of the blue. I'm running twin radeon 1GB HD cards in crossfire configuration, had one of them start dying on me a few months ago, luckily, having two, I switched the master/slave configuration to get my graphics back. Catalyst Control Centre can be a bit dodgy though, I recommend setting up a profile for Skyrim and make sure to activate it before playing the game, it can help stop such problems occuring again in the future. Best of luck :cool: