Acoustic Space - Can the "start times" be changed?

Asterra

To borrow an image from elsewhere:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/Devastation74/AcousticSpace2_zpsf3cbecea.png

The lower-left window is Acoustic Space. As you can see, it presents four separate options for times of day, representing day/night/dawn/dusk.

The problem is that these appear to be hardcoded to specific hours of the day. This is a problem because of course one has a bit of control over what actually counts as day/night/dawn/dusk, visually. Especially when using an ENB. In my own case, what happens is I get crickets chirping away when it's actually pretty bright outside, and I want to change that.

So I'm asking if it's possible.

Are you able to adjust them in FNVEdit?

Negative. Just like in the photo, they aren't entry fields but rather hardwired values. But what I'm uncertain about is where the Geck is getting those values from. If it's possible to change them somewhere else, that's what I need.

It seems that you can edit when a sound plays. You could try and edit the time of the sounds that are part of the specific acoustic spaces. I don't know if that would work though...

XlkLvc5.png

It seems that you can edit when a sound plays. You could try and edit the time of the sounds that are part of the specific acoustic spaces. I don't know if that would work though...

Good suggestion. I gave it a try. But it seems the Acoustic Space category is designed to ignore begin/end settings for the sounds it's given.

It's a shame. The sun is up in the sky for a good two hours before it's 8am and the crickets finally stop chirping. For ENBs like my own, by that time it's already bright and sunny. And it seems as though the only way to work around this would be to replace the Acoustic Space system altogether.

That's unfortunate. Maybe someone who has some knowledge might be able to take a look at circumventing this on an engine level or via script but I have no idea when it comes to any of that, sorry.