Skyrim Karma System Mod

Kaillys

So I have been playing Fallout New Vegas a lot recently. It's an amazing game with so much choice and freedom in it. Skyrim is also amazing, but what it lacks is a true sense of role playing. Sure you can pretend that your character is not the legendary Dragonborn who was at Helgen every time, but I think mods are an excellent way to fix that. I found a mod that adds a very useful aspect to Skyrim linked bellow.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557

This is by far the greatest mod yet. It allows you to start the game from different locations and be who you want to be. You can be a vampire in a den, a new member of a guild, a soldier in the army. This mod is great, but I want someone (as I am not a modder) to make a mod to increase the freedom in Skyrim even more along with the realism. My character hates the empire (for back story reasons) and tries to kill them whenever he can. I find it ridiculous that I can kill hundreds of Imperial soldiers, but nobody ever cares. The first part of this is that I think someone should make a mod to add a Faction system to the game similar to that of New Vegas. When I kill an Imperial I want the empire to strike back (I know great wording) and same goes for every guild not just the holds. I also think that money is too easy for some factions. The Thieves Guild would probably take money and overlook anything you've done to them, but for things like the legion you should have to complete a somewhat difficult quest to be forgiven. If you don't want to be forgiven, but you want a faction to temporarily get of your case then you should have to dress as one of their members. If I'm hated by the Stormcloaks, but I want to go to Windhelm then I should be able to put on the Stormcloak armor and helmet and become undetectable. This would make the game a lot more interactive and give you a reason not to go bat crazy and kill everyone in sight.

The second part of this mod, as you may have guessed is a Karma System. I don't think it should be called that as that would just make it the same as Fallout. Maybe Reputation or Honor? I'll let the person who creates this decide (if anyone). You should get negative karma for anything that counts as a crime already whether someone sees it or not. Minor things like stealing should just be one or two negative karma, but assault should be more like ten and murder fifty (including Dark Brotherhood contracts). You should gain karma for completing certain quests. The kind of quests that are just nice deeds like recovering Amrens family sword or delivering Balgruufs sword for the blacksmith. You should also get one positive karma for killing monsters, by which I mean actual monsters not just dangerous wildlife. Things like Draugr, Trolls, Witches, Necromancers, and Bandits (even though they aren't monsters they are a danger to the people). Killing boss like monsters such as Dragon Priests or Wisp Mothers should be ten positive karma. Dragons should not give you any karma seeing as they come out of nowhere and are ridiculously hard to run from. Killing Alduin should give you 1000 positive karma. If the system were to work like Fallout that would mean the scale would go from positive one thousand to negative one thousand so that way even if you're the baddest person to ever live at least people forgive you enough to stop hating you (after all you did just save the entire world).

Any additions to the idea are welcome as long as it doesn't make it cheap or easy. Lastly please don't start posting hate comments because it seems rather redundant. If you don't like the idea then leave you don;t have to let everyone know how bad you think it is seeing as a) if you don't like the mod don't download it and b) nobody cares. I really hope someone can do this so let me know.

Ps. I have some possible names for the Karma mod

- True Justice

- Fame and Infamy (also a good idea for the positive and negative sides)

A couple mods have some of the aspects you listed. One I know of is only on the steam community called armor disguises. It allows you to pass off as a guard or even sneak into a bandit den in broad daylight. The Mod Warzones also has some faction memory, so if you go around killing imperials they will start attacking you out in the open, assuming the mod was downloaded right which currently mine is not, but it has worked right for me before. Then you could probably use the karma script from fallout as a template and reverse engineer it for Skyrim (that might not work Iv'e never scripted before)