New weapon does 1 damage per shot

So I just finished (or so I thought) making a mod that adds a new weapon. It uses the Combat Shotgun as a base. changed keywords to use lever action rifle animations from far harbor, and have its own mod association. I didn't want to take the time to remake mods for every slot so I made the new mod association property only handle receivers, and made copies of the lever action rifle receiver omods, renamed them, and tied the MA keyword to them. Created a new AM and ZM for it, set them to the weapon appropriately, and the weapon does 1 damage per projectile in game, and do not have receivers to choose from at the mod station.

What did I do wrong/forget?

edit:

the stats say it has -35 range. I don't know how that happened since I double checked the base range values, but that alone wouldn't explain why the receivers are missing from the mod station

Edit2:

I managed to get the gun doing damage, but the problem isn't completely fixed. Part of the problem was an overly sharp damage falloff outside the optimal range. That was easy to fix, and now the weapon can actually do some damage. However, the receivers still aren't showing up on the weapon workbench like they're supposed to, and the optimal range for the weapon is still, for some reason, -35. Now that the gun can kill things, though, I'm calling it a night for now. If anyone knows what's wrong let me know and ill get on it tomorrow

Edited by mauskal

? Did remove "DLC03_ma_LeverGun" from the copied receivers' Target OMOD list?

Shotguns have UniversalOffset OMOD, which does reduce Min/Max range by -2/-4. May check all mods, if they don't reduce it even more in total, but originally, Barrels accommodate it by adding extra range.

Edited by hereami

yeah, I replaced it with a new one to make it totally independent of the lever action rifle. (ma_Gnasher) all of the receivers use this as the new target OMOD keyword, and the Gnasher weapon has the ma_Gnasher Keyword replacing the Combat Shotgun's ma keyword. Now that I mention it, I DID use the combat shotgun as a base for the weapon object, while using the lever action rifle's receivers as a base for the receiver OMODs to avoid any wonky fire rate upgrades from the combat shotgun receivers effecting the new weapon which is classified as "bolt action", hoping the keywords would sort out any differences.

edit:

Further tweaking by adding more mods to the MA and Object Templates (mainly including barrels) have completely fixed one part of the issue. The gun now has appropriate intended range and damage values. Now there is ONLY the issue of the mods not showing up in the workbench. With all these new mods added, the only thing that shows up on a newly spawned Gnasher is the Muzzle Brake and Null Muzzle, even though the random prefixes and suffixes on the weapon indicate it having things like a marksman's stock or a powerful receiver applied.

The new muzzles, grips, and barrels were all copied from the combat shotgun's this time, so I can be sure that Copying the receivers from the lever action rifle is not why they aren't showing up on a weapon object that was copied from the combat shotgun

Realizing now that these are 2 seperate problems, I wish I had chosen a different title.

Edit2: I think i found it and it makes me feel dumb. I forgot the co_mod objects

Final edit:

Yep, im dumb, this is resolved now.

Edited by mauskal