Pour/carry water marker not working

antstubell

Pretty much any actor with the defaultmasterpackage active - when the actor is idling and has a valid navmesh between the two points. A patrol package would tell it to just walk between the two points, not do anything with them. Edited by acidzebra

Pretty much any actor with the defaultmasterpackage active - when the actor is idling and has a valid navmesh between the two points. A patrol package would tell it to just walk between the two points, not do anything with them.

I have many NPCs using Patrol Packages to go between Feed Chickens (do this for 10) > Tan Leather (do this for 10) > Hoe Ground (do this for 10) > "back to beginning". Its only the markers I mentioned that don't provoke action.

Edited by antstubell

Okay. I never use patrol markers unless I want them to patrol an area (like guards) so I'm no expert on those, I generally just slap a sandbox package on the actors and set the default package to the masterpackage. That way the actors can "do their own thing" which I think looks more organic since they wander about and pick their own activities(but YMMV of course), if I want them to perform actions on markers for any amount of time I set the patrol data on the marker reference.

I built a quick room with the water markers, when set up as above they do carry/pour water, so I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps someone else can add some insight.

Okay. I never use patrol markers unless I want them to patrol an area (like guards) so I'm no expert on those, I generally just slap a sandbox package on the actors and set the default package to the masterpackage. That way the actors can "do their own thing" which I think looks more organic since they wander about and pick their own activities(but YMMV of course), if I want them to perform actions on markers for any amount of time I set the patrol data on the marker reference.

I built a quick room with the water markers, when set up as above they do carry/pour water, so I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps someone else can add some insight.

This is frustrating just watching NPCs. SO I gave the NPC defaultmasterpackagelist and an AI package of just sandbox512, it was sandboxworking256 I don't think this makes a big difference. I tried it out with patrol data of 3 then 5 on the carry/pour/fill markers and eventually no patrol data. The NPC did EVENTUALLY fill a bucket with water...and another, and another for a good full minute. So it is working but looks really weird. Thanks for your input.