Construction Set Petition

Jared2500

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CS is a must, although like LHammonds said its not absolutely necessary, it would make things so much easier, so far Fallout has proved to be a great game, and in my opinion a great step forward from Oblivion (not saying Oblivion was bad, I loved it and still play it) BUT, there are a lot of things in game that could do with a rub and polish, and if Oblivion is anything to go by, its the great community of modders who can do that and more, so yeah count me in for the CS!! Modders out there will be able to work better without one hand tied behind their back :)

Morrowind/Oblivion modders and Fallout fans are probably the two most hardcore factions of gamers ever, and now they're being meshed into one! Not to mention the fact that gaming in general has recently seen a considerable trend towards user-created content... They WILL make all kinds of crazy mods one way or another, but a CS will improve the quality of these mods, make them release faster, make the work easier, and help a lot of smaller projects only being held back by restrictions of time or confidence get off the ground.

:thumbsup: Let's do it!

Definitely release the Construction Set. If for no other reason than profit. Games with a strong mod community will continue to be purchased longer and at higher prices than games that have little to no mod support. I bought half-life2 mostly for the knowledge that it would get great mod support and would be around for years and the same for oblivion after seeing some of the great user content created for morrowind.

Morrowind/Oblivion modders and Fallout fans are probably the two most hardcore factions of gamers ever, and now they're being meshed into one! Not to mention the fact that gaming in general has recently seen a considerable trend towards user-created content... They WILL make all kinds of crazy mods one way or another, but a CS will improve the quality of these mods, make them release faster, make the work easier, and help a lot of smaller projects only being held back by restrictions of time or confidence get off the ground.

:thumbsup: Let's do it!

I like this prospect. Fallout 3 modding might take off even more than Oblivion modding. :blink:

Archived