Can someone help fix this (almost) completed mod?

volsfan8076

I recently found a mod here on the nexus titled Legendary Hunter Pack. It basically gives you rewards for hunting down the legendary creatures of the Mojave.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39626

It was mostly completed by Amstrad almost two years ago except for 2 problems:

1. The deathclaw reward is bugged and doesn't drop the correct schematic.

2. The fire gecko mask doesn't breathe underwater like it was supposed to.

He/She gave permission to upload fixes and/or modifications here on the Nexus so no worries there. This mod is an awesome idea and it is a shame that these two small bugs are hampering it.

I would be happy if anyone would like to fix these issues. My dream would be to turn it into a quest for a scientist who makes the items for you by bringing him the corpse, or parts of it, but fixing the errors would be plenty.

Edited by volsfan8076

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/797002-can-someone-help-fix-this-almost-completed-mod/

No one else has come forward to help so I am hoping to see if you are still interested in giving it a try. You seem to be the only person that helps to seriously help make requested mods, so I will understand if you are too busy.

Sure I'll take a look at it this weekend. I have to delete this msg for space, but I'll copy it to your thread.

The water breathing was actually the one I was more worried about.

He was using the VMS15RebreatherScript script and this block was tripping him up;

if iEquipped == 1 && Player.GetEquipped VMS15Rebreather == 0
player.RemoveSpell VMS15WaterBreathingActual

VMS15Rebreather == 0

is always going to be true because the rebreather would never be equipped when the geckomask was on (they use the same body slot). So the next line would always run.....which is to remove the spell effect (water breathing).

it needed to be changed to

if iEquipped == 1 && Player.GetEquipped LegendHunterGeckoMask == 0

so only when the gecko mask was unequpped would the effect be removed.

Although in a later patch they fixed the water brething effect, so I just removed the whole script. Works like a charm.

The deathclaw schematic sounds like it just has the wrong item referenced.

Yep, just referenced a powder ganger chage or something

OK here's the fix. It's made for a recent version of NV, if you have a very early release and havn't patched (seems pretty unlikely to me) it I have an alternate file for you.

I havn't put it up on nexus, I'll try to contact the author first and let him put it in his files if he wants it.

Thank you so much. Yeah, I have the ultimate edition so it is fully patched up.

Good luck trying to contact the author, but I do not think they have been active for a very long time here on the nexus. He gave permission to upload fixes and modifications, so long as credit is given.