ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Keyboard Focus... (My best guess on what to call it)

SkiaMK

I'm buggered if I even really know what to call this issue, everything I have tried in Google has resulted in nothing but irrelevant results...

Not sure exactly when but at some point in the last week or so Skyrim SE (launched using SKSE via MO2) stopped taking keyboard (or maybe it's screen) focus on launch... What I mean by that is my windows task bar comes up at some point during game launch with that pulsing glow windows gives newly opened items that you have not focused on yet. The game runs, my controller works, but my mouse and keyboard are focused on MO2 (well, Windows, it just happens that MO2 was the last active window)... Now, I can simply click the glowing notification or move the mouse to the monitor Skyrim in on and click anywhere to get Skyrim to take screen/mouse/keyboard priority and the windows task bar hides itself as it should but having to do that is annoying as hell if for no reason because it behaves like when you alt-tab; that is to say it takes the better part of 30 seconds to unfreeze the screen and allow play to resume.

I would almost swear it was intermittent at first but now it's every time I launch the game... Anyone have any ideas? Could a mod somehow cause this (I don't see how say a texture mod could but I suppose one of the ones that adds a new DLL could).

Okay, based on a recent experience w/a user:

Is your Keyboard USB attached or Wireless?

> If Wireless, is it time to change the batteries?

. o O ( This happened w/a user just this prior week. He forgot that batteries can start dying. )

> If USB, did you try a different USB port?

. o O ( Sometimes a port can become bad. Strange as it sounds. )

> When was the last time you cleaned your Keyboard. Specifically air blow under the keys? Food, dust and such can build up and cause a key / keys to stick - not stick and or be intermittent.

I appreciate the suggestions @jjb54 but I use the built in keyboard (ASUS ROG G703GX Gaming Laptop), the laptop is only a month old, and I don't allow food or drink near it so I don't think it's likely to be a hardware issue. Given the behavior I'm thinking I accidentally screwed up a setting in either MO2 or Windows itself somehow; damned if I have any guess as to what setting that might be though.

I appreciate the suggestions @jjb54 but I use the built in keyboard (ASUS ROG G703GX Gaming Laptop), the laptop is only a month old, and I don't allow food or drink near it so I don't think it's likely to be a hardware issue. Given the behavior I'm thinking I accidentally screwed up a setting in either MO2 or Windows itself somehow; damned if I have any guess as to what setting that might be though.

Totally understand - the only reason I posted those were because they did indeed happen in the past week with some other players. Since I had no idea what you had .... sometimes we do look over the obvious.

Totally understand - the only reason I posted those were because they did indeed happen in the past week with some other players. Since I had no idea what you had .... sometimes we do look over the obvious

Oh yea, wireless mice and keyboards can indeed do some really weird s#*! when they have low batteries... As can sticking keys... Sadly, the issue is not that straight forward for me.

Well... I thought I had it solved for a minute... Started looking through Windows settings to see if maybe I did something recently since I have been mucking about with getting rid of all the unneeded/unwanted crap in Windows 10, came across "Focus Assist" and turned it back on (I had turned it off). The game loaded without the issue once after that but then went right back to doing it.