Do i need to install mods for very first gameplay?

OtongCoeg

Of course you can finish without it...

IMHO, it does fixes a lot of bugs, and I never had any crash... so, better start with.

Before i start installing unofficial patch, do i need to install anything else in order to make UP work? or i can just simply copy and paste UP to fallout 4 folder and play the game?

These mods mentioned above are best left for a SECOND playthrough since they offer better alternatives and you would miss the original game:

# *OutcastsAndRemnants.esp
# *ProjectValkyrie.esp
# *Depravity.esp

The Unofficial Patch fixes glitches in the original game.

Some mods like Valdacil's Inventory sorter, AWKCR, Armorsmith Extended, CBBE, and Vivid Textures All-in-One make sense from the start. Heather Casdin will make the original game more enjoyable as well.

I dont want to use vortex. Can i just copy paste UP to fallout 4 folder ?

If you do use mods, a mod manager makes life so much easier. One thing that is easy to do is to mess up mod installation. A mod manager makes mod installation foolproof. The simplest one to use is the latest version of NMM available at Github.com.

You can also use Mod Organizer 2. But I would absolutely recommend using some mod manager.

Dropping stuff into data works, but then you have to edit that load order text file by hand to actually enable the mod.

Also, if the mod isn't properly ba2-packed, you end up with lots of loose files, which you can't possibly clean up manually. It gets even worse if you have several mods like this, and they overwrite the same file...

You can also use Mod Organizer 2. But I would absolutely recommend using some mod manager.

Dropping stuff into data works, but then you have to edit that load order text file by hand to actually enable the mod.

Also, if the mod isn't properly ba2-packed, you end up with lots of loose files, which you can't possibly clean up manually. It gets even worse if you have several mods like this, and they overwrite the same file...

Hey, i try to install UP manually by just copy paste all files( without Docs folder) to fallout 4 data folder, after that i check plugins.txt to make sure UP.esp is listed there and also check mod in main menu. And this is the result

MvNEEBn.png

42Rq5P0.png

Does this mean UP successfully installed ? If so does it already activated and i good to go ? Or maybe there is something else i should check to make sure UP successfully installed ?

Edited by OtongCoeg