dlc1 ctd, help!

Exurim

Whenever I get a CTD PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False is usually the last thing in my log. My guess is it is that it is related to Dawnguard , my player character is a werewolf, never been a vampire and doesn't sleep. I would trying disabling Dawnguard but I like the werewolf perks and it doesn't happen too often.

• 8 months later...

well i'll post my entire log here for you too see, i'll do as you say try to disable some and check.

edit cannot add log due to too big, please dl. papyrus.0

and for the stress related, its weird cause having vram monitored and its fine when game runs no spikes

I don't know if you are still having the problem but I had it too. CTD when going from interior to exterior, usually in a city or village. It would happen every 10-15 min or so but not on every cell change.

I can't guarantee this will work for you but it helped me. Just don't make any saves that you aren't willing to toss if it doesn't help.

I wrote down the offending quest ID from my papyrus log. For me it looked like this:

"[dlc1radiantscript <DLC1Radiant (02004C1C)>]CreateQuestBasedOnLocation([Location < (0001F86D)>]) is NOT creating a quest: as Location is neither DLC1HunterHQLocation nor DLC1VampireCastleLocation"

so for me it was the DLC1Radiant quest with an ID of 02004c1c. This is a Dawngourd related quest.

So I loaded my save, opened the console and entered the following:

setstage 02004c1c 1 <-This sets resets to quest to the point where you first get it.

Some other commands which are helpful:

sqt <-shows your active quests' IDs

player.sqs <quest ID> <-this shows what stages you have completed for that quest

more info here

+1 to this. GREATLY enhanced my stability (as in, game for 1-2 hours, without crashes).