[WIP] - Destroy the Thieves Guild

bruce142

Did a few bugfixes, I want to release this mod now but then I have to let the TGCrown (Crown of Barenziah) quest fail on the beginning of the Destroy the Thieves Guild quest. I can make an other actor who can start/finish the TGCrown quest and I can make an other questgiver (now it's still Commander Maro). But I'll let the Nexus community decide. You can cast your vote in the poll which I will set up in a few minutes.

PS: A hundred posts, yeay :biggrin:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I really love the mod concept because I always didn't like the fact that there was a lack of opportunity to destroy the TG. However I have an alternate suggestion on how to start the quest that's much different than the ones you have suggested. What if Karliah was to come up to you randomly and say that the TG has gotten too corrupt, and she asks you to help her destroy them? Because as it is now, I feel like it's kind of a leap to assume that the Dragonborn himself can take on every single member of the TG practically at once. Having Karliah help you as a temporary follower could add some realism though, since she knows all of their techniques and such. Just a suggestion though, and I'll endorse and download this mod either way when it comes out :)!

Hey I really love the mod concept because I always didn't like the fact that there was a lack of opportunity to destroy the TG. However I have an alternate suggestion on how to start the quest that's much different than the ones you have suggested. What if Karliah was to come up to you randomly and say that the TG has gotten too corrupt, and she asks you to help her destroy them? Because as it is now, I feel like it's kind of a leap to assume that the Dragonborn himself can take on every single member of the TG practically at once. Having Karliah help you as a temporary follower could add some realism though, since she knows all of their techniques and such. Just a suggestion though, and I'll endorse and download this mod either way when it comes out :)!

I would like to do this but unfortunally the dialogue lines of Karliah are too restricted + the nightingales are a part of the thieves guild and Nocturnal is even the patron of the thieves guild. Karliah would never do something to displease Nocturnal by for example wiping out the thieves guild.

Edited the poll, added a additional question. If anyone wants to be a voice actor for this mod, just pm me with a sample audio file of your voice. For question 1 of this poll, the answer will be chosen if it has more than 10 votes and represents more than 50% of the total votes. Question 2 only matters if "Create a new questgiver + questhandler for the No Stone Unturned quest before releasing this mod (need voice actors to do this)" is the most chosen answer (except ofcourse for Commander Maro).

@3ukalipto and all who have voted : thanks for your vote, but I need more people voting and commenting for this mod to become huge, so don't be afraid to reply and vote (this is what this forum is for). I also need voice actors (you will be credited when the mod's released ofcourse), new refreshing idea's/suggestions,... . I'm kind of desperate, I don't want to see this mod (which took a lot of effort and time on my part) disappearing between other mods/forums/threads/posts (like my other mods). I love to see this on the front page of skyrim nexus, but I need support of you guys to do this.

Well, if you do want comments/suggestions, I was wondering... why does there actually have to be a quest-giver at all? I would like the ability to destroy them on my own without someone in authority giving me an opinion. Believe me, my character has all the initiative necessary to destroy the Thieves Guild himself ^^; Would it be possible to start the questline automatically on killing Brynjolf, and advance it based on notable deaths or areas that you have cleared out? Perhaps with the Jarl of Riften or Legate Rikke/General Tulius taking notice after you clear out the Ratway and deciding to sponsor your efforts or reward you for it, placing a bounty on each of their heads or something?

Failing that, perhaps the questgiver is Ingun Black-briar. She's never seemed incredibly loyal to her mother to me, or interested in her family in general, and she may be interested in undermining her mother's connections. (Ideally this would culminate in Ingun having you depose her mother and Maven getting her comeuppance, even if that finale has to wait until after the main quest, but I'm not going to push that by saying anymore since you said you wouldn't do anything to Maven. :P ) I'm trying to think of someone else to handle the stones of Barenziah but not really coming up with anything. You wouldn't want it to be someone in another faction that you'd have to join, because that's the most annoying part of the original Stones quest, that it shoves you into the Thieves Guild. Maybe one of the Bards? They're all about history, right? Yeah, maybe not...

(I was the one who voted 'other' and my idea was, as above, either no actual questgiver or Ingun Black-briar, but I ended up not commenting before because I didn't think my ideas were where you'd want to go.)

@AnkhAscendant : By questgiver I mean someone who gives you a reward when destroying the thieves guild (and gives you the location where the thieves are hiding). The quest also starts automatically when killing Brynjolf, the same way as destroy the dark brotherhood starts by killing Astrid. Ingun Black-Briar is a good suggestion, does she have any dialogue lines involving the thieves guild?

For the stones of Barenziah quest, I was thinking about creating a new NPC with vex's voice or a unique NPC with a new set of dialogue lines (need a voice actor to do this).

@PaskaAnkka : The thieves guild would never end up in jail because Maven Black-Briar has their backs (unless they have a argument and the thieves are plotting to kill Maven, this won't change but I've been watching too much Breaking Bad :P , so what do I know). Besides killing them is more fun :laugh: . Unmid Snow-Shod is a good suggestion (but the problem with existing NPC's is that nobody except the original voice actor can create voice lines), but I don't know if she has dialogue lines that could be used to describe the mission + objective.

Edited by bruce142

I don't think that Ingun has any lines about the TG, but I never went through the thieves guild so I'm not sure what she might to someone in it. Does Vex have a unique voice? If not, is it possible to see what other NPCs use the same voice type and see if any of them would be suitable to take over the quest? If not, an new NPC might be the best idea.

You could really use any voice actor and just assign those lines to the voice type, even if it's not by the same actor as the original, and if it's not massively different it would probably be okay; it might be a little strange, but as long as people don't suddenly have accents or a Dunmer voice or something strikingly different from the original it would probably be okay for adding lines to someone like Ingun or Unmid or any existing NPC. Maybe someone who has a good ear, like a musician, would cringe at a voice that wasn't identical, but I sure wouldn't notice.