Ck: how to add PC name to book?

volnaiskra

The assassin letter in vanilla skyrim inserts your name into the text, using <alias=player>. However, when I put that note into one of my mod's character's inventories, it no longer works. It displays text up until the first <, then everything else is blank.

I guess I need to somehow create an alias for the player within my quest or something?

Any help appreciated

Here's the CK wiki page about text replacement:

http://www.creationk...ext_Replacement

I think the crux of the matter is the first line:

Quests and quest-associated text can include the following tags:

and

• You can use <Alias=Player> and <Alias.Pronoun=Player> etc. WITHOUT needing to put the player in an alias.
  • Note that in order for this to work inside a Book, the book needs to have an active quest reference pointing to it (e.g. from the Quest Aliases tab of a quest of your choice).

Edited by acidzebra

Thanks guys. This thread also helped me.

If anyone comes here in the future with the same problem, please tell us: do you have flying cars yet? Also, this is what I got to work, in a nutshell (more details in threads linked above)

-there has to be a quest (any quest) that links to the book in the Quest Aliases tab.

-If the book is on an NPC, that NPC also has to be Aliased in the Quest Aliases tab, and has to be listed HIGHER than the book.

-The actor should be "specific reference" (then select forced reference and double click the npc in the render window)

-The book should be "create reference to object [select your book from the dropdown], "create In", [select the alias of the npc in the dropdown]. Check "uses stored text" and "stores text"

-if the actor starts dead or might die, check "allow dead".

-don't manually insert the book into the NPC's inventory. This Alias stuff should do it automatically

-You can use more than just the player's name. You can also get gender-specific pronouns (he, hers, herself, etc.). See here for details.