Fallout: Storm Over The Mojave

Macman253

*dramatic gasp* TWO Jasons? Why must there be TWO Jasons? *cannot comprehend.*

Nah, I don't particularily mind, no worries. Two minor problems with it, though. One is the anti-materiel rifle, which is one of the most powerful weapons in the game (Picks off deathclaws from huge distances, meaning it can do that to any of our characters as well.) Really powerful weapons was one of the things that made us ask Macman to change his own char a lil, just to tone said weapons down.

As for the company of NCR troopers, nothing a few explosives can't handle, although an entire company under your command is a bit much power-wise, if you ask me.

Gah, I hate criticizing other people's characters, it makes me feel like an a**hole, it really does, but I do it when I feel it's necessary. :confused:

EDIT: I accidentally used the term "run for it" in my last post, made Jason look like a coward when he's not. What I meant to say was that he ran towards Novac to help defend it. I've edited it so it says that, he was running off to GIVE aid, not seek it, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah, but you need to remember a lot of that company is stuck on their assignment, Jason controls the company, he doesn't control the orders he receives on what to do with said company, them being under his command doesn't mean he can drag them off on his own little crusade

AM rifle = gone :)

Edited by Brutii

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the company to a five man squad and your approved, minus the Anti mat rifle...Recommendation drop to a lieutenant, its easier when your not prick-waving with the other officers when you can use them as sources of RP. If your a shot-caller it makes for boring RP. But that is an opinion do it your way..

On the general whole though, Majors lead Company's they are usually four platoons. A Captain will lead up to a Platoon or Five squads and a Lieutenant will manage up to two squads and a Sergeant will manage a squad. Instead of being the all badge no brains rookiee officer, be a seasoned sergeant Veteran, have the respect of your men and make your squad legendary in their loylaty and capability. either way your character these are just alternate ideas for you.

Edited by Macman253

Drop the company to a five man squad and your approved, minus the Anti mat rifle...Recommendation drop to a lieutenant, its easier when your not prick-waving with the other officers when you can use them as sources of RP. If your a shot-caller it makes for boring RP. But that is an opinion do it your way..

On the general whole though, Majors lead Company's they are usually four platoons. A Captain will lead up to a Platoon or Five squads and a Lieutenant will manage up to two squads and a Sergeant will manage a squad. Instead of being the all badge no brains rookiee officer, be a seasoned sergeant Veteran, have the respect of your men and make your squad legendary in their loylaty and capability. either way your character these are just alternate ideas for you.

Whats wrong with the company? AM rifle gone

Edited by Brutii

At the request of a friend of mine, I'm pitching a sheet in. Of course, with one request, While Rping, keep any personal issues with me away from the RP, and discussion. This is meant for fun, aye? SO yeah. Here's the sheet. (I reused an idea I had for the Ain't that a Kick in the Head RP run by Tokyobleach, which takes place in the Capital Wasteland)

Name:Greebo Jones

Race: Ghoul

Karmic Alignment: Neutral

AppearanceRaw and rotting skin, no nose, Still has eyelids, and is missing his part of his right ear. He is 6 foot even, and has most of his teeth.

Pet: A Husky named Diefenbaker

Clothing: Wears an old Redcoat General uniform that he found in an old museum when he was on a trip to Canada. It reminded him of his homeland. He also wears a bandana with the Union Jack on it to hide that he is missing a part of his ear, and fingerless leather gloves.

Weapons: Sniper Rifle with the phrase God Save the Queen on it's stock, with a machete and a 10mm Pistol for closer range fighting.

Skills/Occupation:He used to fight in the Great War for England as a Sniper,and was pretty darn good at it too. However, after ordered to burn down a whole town, he deserted and fled to America, just before the bombs fell. The radiation and fires turned him instantly into a ghoul, something that does not usually happen. He wandered around for a while, and eventually ended up as a bounty hunter.

Personality: Greebo is quite a nice fellow. He considers himself friends with Jason but is probably just respected by the man, having worked alongside the Regulators in the past to help in the hunting of criminals. He is also slightly delusional, occasionally rambling about Spoons and other random things, but that only happens once in a while.

History:Greebo used to be a History teacher named Johnny Powell before getting Drafted into the war. He adopted the name Greebo after the bomb turned him into a ghoul. During the war, he served as a sniper, and was pretty good at his job. Over the course of the war, he received countless honor awards for service, and protecting the men and women he served with. Near the end of the war, he was ordered to sneak into a town, in which an enemy platoon was based, and burn it to the ground, even with the civilian women and children. It was then he decided to leave the army, and instead of sneaking into the village, he set a small explosive to make a loud noise, and fled in the confusion. He stowed away on a boat of refugees fleeing across the ocean, and the bombs fell shortly after he arrived. He has been wandering around mostly ever since, before joining the Regulators. He only wears his Regulator Duster Coat when the weather gets cold, or if he wants to blend in better. He Lived in the capital wasteland for awhile, where he had made a friend named Sandro, a fellow ghoul but who was from Spain. He worked alongside the Capital Chapter of the Regulators for a long time, before deciding he was tired of all the super mutants, and bailing his friend out of all the trouble he inevitably got into, and gave his first dog, a St Bernard named Chips, to a girl who his friend was travelling with, and his old rifle to a man named Morgan, and set off. He made his way towards the Mojave, and a town he heard of called New Vegas, picking up a new sniper rifle on the way. After a while, he arrived in Nevada, and enrolled with the Nevada chapter of the Regulators, there he found a man named Jason, who he used to work with in the Capital Chapter. He has been in the Mojave ever since.

This guy's a character that I made to interact with Mythic and AAN's characters on the strip. Doesn't mean I don't want him around or dislike him, though. He should be fun to play. He's not quite as powerful as Jason, but he's still a fighter.

Name: Renato

Race: Human, Hispanic

Description: He has heavily suntanned skin that's naturally an orange-ish brown colour, with shaggy black hair that's long in the front (stretching down to just above his eyebrows.) but almost military short in the back. He has green eyes and is about average height, with a slightly stocky (not fat, just stocky) build. He wears leather armor and a roving trader's cap to keep the sun out of his face. He carries his food, water, and extra clothing in a medium-sized backpack.

Personality: Renato can be a thrill-seeker, but isn't constantly ancy, otherwise he wouldn't be such a good caravaner. He enjoys fighting (though is not evil) and adrenaline rushes, and also likes to hit the bars when he has a chance. He can vary from being chatty to being quiet, depending on the day. He's not addicted to anything, and is both emotionally and physically tough.

Weapons: A Winchester Widowmaker Double-Barreled 12. gauge shotgun (Looks likeThis), a 9mm pistol, a large lead pipe, and several throwing knives. Like any caravaner he carries a set of binoculars.

Other: (Companions etc) Unless he's on a caravan, none.

Backstory: Renato was born in the Mojave Wasteland along with a sister. His parents, each former wastelanders who settled down in the home that Renato lived in after they met, raised the two of them to be tough and self-sufficient, wastelanders like their parents. Apples don't fall far from the tree, rotten or not, and Renato and his sister each grew up and learned to support the family. Renato had an interest in travelling from a young age, in no small part due to the tales his parents told of places far away, signed up with his first caravan at 16, and never looked back. He splits his earnings fifty-fifty with his family and himself. His sister is a guard in Westside, and sometimes helps the farmers out as well. Renato has a decent reputation amongst the caravans as a good guard and a good pack mule, even if he gets into the occasional bar brawl. He's taken a break from guarding caravans for a while and is heading to the strip and Westside for some off-time, after visiting his parents back home.

Strengths: Renato doesn't hold much of a preference between ranged or melee combat, and is decently skilled with both. He can throw knives quite well, and could quickly get used to throwing hatchets as well. His punches pack a decent wallop for his size, although he is no martial artist. (No fancy moves, but he hits hard) Like any traveler, especially a caravaner, he knows some recipes for food and medicine. He can create items such as healing powder or atomic cocktails, as well as food at a campfire. (He doesn't have 100 survival, but he has decent knowledge of recipes.) He can also keep his weapons in good shape and fix some of the more minor problems with them if they jam. One notable skill is his ability to manage weight from gear effectively, and can teach others to do so.

Weaknesses: He is a good shot with pistols, rifles and shotguns, but is not a sniper. His accuracy is poor at long range, even with an accurate, low-recoil weapon. WHile he can repair and maintain his weapons and armor, weapons and armor are the only things he has knowledge of repair for. He is also not a scientist or doctor, and possesses little to no knowledge of advanced technology or treating advanced wounds. (He has first aid knowledge like anyone, but that's about it.) While he has basic knowledge of explosives (basically, how to operate a hand grenade or stick of dynamite, perhaps a placable explosive after a minute or two.) he has no experience with them.

Interesting character Baldur, will very much enjoy RPing with you. I would like to add taht I have no personal issues with you so don't worry about that here.

Flipout, nice character I like his concept.

To Brutii, A company is large, well over 150 men strong. The NCR doesn't really have the resources to let a Company go calavanting around the wastes. besides its easier to RP a squad then a huge company and because you can create more likeable characters when you've got four companions. Mostly don't want you overtaxing yourself as a writer, I have some military background and I can tell you. Command of anything squad or company is hard enough let alone transcribing characters to paper and then try to get them to deal with that. If you want a company go ahead but understand it will make for long posts and its hard on the hands.

Interesting character Baldur, will very much enjoy RPing with you. I would like to add that I have no personal issues with you so don't worry about that here.

To Brutii, A company is large, well over 150 men strong. The NCR doesn't really have the resources to let a Company go calavanting around the wastes. besides its easier to RP a squad then a huge company and because you can create more likeable characters when you've got four companions. Mostly don't want you overtaxing yourself as a writer, I have some military background and I can tell you. Command of anything squad or company is hard enough let alone transcribing characters to paper and then try to get them to deal with that. If you want a company go ahead but understand it will make for long posts and its hard on the hands.

And it will be wonderful working with you as well, Macman. My name is Bryce, should you desire a method of address that is less formal. Also, the personal issues thing was primarily directed at AAN, with whom I've had issues in the past.

Interesting character Baldur, will very much enjoy RPing with you. I would like to add taht I have no personal issues with you so don't worry about that here.

*shrug* long isn't hard :)

*shrug* long isn't hard :)

Just go with the 5 man team and be done with it! What is it with you and this Power Complex of yours? You always have to be someone or something that can kick the crap out of anything you encounter! It's like me trying to have solutions for everything, I got a helpful complex, you got a power complex. Now, I suggest you just do what Macman has told you, and tone down the squad. Or, you could simply leave. This is my blunt, brutal honest and cranky opinion since this is the first thing I get to see this morning..