Weird assymetric werewolf arm/hand issue

BuffGameesh

*I posted this in the wrong forum earlier; whoops!*

So I'm just copy-pasting here what I put there. Hopefully you guys can help me out!

-----------------------------

Hey guys,

So, in my game when I play normally my character has the body proportions that I put into racemenu. No problem; everything is symmetrical.
But when I change into werewolf the arms and hands look ... way off.

See the attached picture for details.

Note that I have beefed up my character quite a bit through racemenu (using a Nord).

When I use default or close to default settings it doesn't show as much.

But the bigger/beefier the werewolf gets the stranger the arms and hands look.

Here is my load/install order up until the skeleton that I use. Everything below that does not overwrite that skeleton.

I don't think any other mods could interfere with this particular problem, but if needed I can post the rest of my mods too of course.

#Mod_Name
"DLC: HearthFires"
"DLC: Dragonborn"
"DLC: Dawnguard"
"Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch"
"ApachiiSkyHair SSE"
"Giantess Mod - Size Matters"
"SkyUI"
"The Joy of Perspective"
"Schlongs of Skyrim SE"
"Mighty Beasts - Werewolf"
"Mighty Beasts - Vampire Lord"
"Static Mesh Improvement Mod"
"Skyrim 3D Trees and Plants"
"Realistic Water Two"
"SOS Bodybuilder Outfits SE"
"Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-"
"Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full Version"
"Better Khajiit face texture"
"Muscular Khajit Body Texture"
"Muscular Argonian Body Texture"
"Racial Body Morphs"
"Orc Extreme"
"Beast Races Extreme"
"Male Body Hair Racemenu"
"RaceMenu"
"Savage Bear"
"Savage Wolves and Feral Foxes"
"Grandiose Giants"
"BodySlide and Outfit Studio"
"CBP Physics"
"XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended"

Some additional information that may help determine the issue:

1) I do use FNIS (and a few animation mods); but I have it installed correctly without any issues and the arm fix is applied.

2) I've tried different races but it doesn't seem to be a factor. In each instance the werewolf looks strange after about a 50 or 75% increase above the standard settings in racemenu.

3) Increasing the racemenu stats to a ridiculous max setting makes my character look... like a freak (haha), but the hands and arms are still equally the same while in the non-werewolf form. (I was just making sure it wasn't racemenu that was messing up; looks like it doesn't?)

sincerely,

Gameesh

PS: Apologies for the somewhat dark picture; if needed I can provide a better screenshot.

Edited by BuffGameesh

Thanks for showing me yet again how terrible my eyes are. I cant see a thing on that screen, just some white dots that are probably the eyes and some teeth D:

Also thanks for showing me that editing my character in racemenu also changes the werewolf appearance. Didnt know that. Chibby Werewolfs look so cute, sadliest the human character looks just straight up weird then

Werewolfs have their own bodymesh. I remember deleting my bodymesh often when I first started modding and messing around with bodymeshes, the game just generates a new one when it needs one. I guess the same aplies to other meshes as well, so you could try renaming the werewolf mesh in your folder (or moving them to some other location), perhaps something went wrong when generating the meshes the first time

I guess Mighty Beasts adds its own Skeleton for werewolfes or something like that? You could try disabling it and see if it fixes your issue

Edited by Guest

Turning off the Mighty Beasts mod didn't solve my issue. It just made the werewolf, well, less bulky. But the uneven claw issue remains. I shall upload a better picture as well.

Edited by BuffGameesh

There are shoulders? I cant see any shoulders

The collarbone looks slightly off tho, but that might be the camera position on your screen

The right leg seems to have the same issue as your hand yes

The werewolf mesh is simliar to the Vampiremesh treated as a "clothing" you "put over your original character". . looking at it that way it makes sense that the werewolf appearance is also influenced by changing things in Racemenu

I tried a bit around myself and I couldnt find a setting that would recreate your problem. I guess you have a mod that alters the skeleton of your werewolf or humanoid character that causes this issue. At least I cant think of much else right now

Well, I actually have several mods that alter the proportions of both humanoid and werewolf. But in the end I only have one skeleton (XP32)

I have:

SOS (main humanoid changer)

Mighty werewolf (bulks up werewolf proportions)

Racial body morphs (changes all races to be more diverse; I don't think this affects werewolves though?)

Orc extreme (bulks up Orcs significantly)

Beast races extreme (a more muscular proportion mod for Argonian and Khajiit)

As far as I can tell all my other mods that are character-related are textures and don't affect the skeleton.

Question: turning off any of these mods would directly affect the (werewolf) character in my ongoing save file, correct?
It's not like something 'lingers' after I deactivate a mod? So can I try and determine the cause of this issue by deactivating all character altering mods and then activate them one by one?

Edited by BuffGameesh

You should be able to simply deactivate them yes. If something "lingers" you should try reloading your character (load a diffrent cell or save & kill yourself or load up Racemenu) and try transforming again

I would however first check if the issue is with a mod in first place. I highly expect it to be but first deactivate all your mods and see if it fixes your issue after that

do as you suggest. Make suer to backup your current progress

Good hunting, may Hircine be watching

Edited by Guest

I deactivated every single mod that changes anything about body proportions; for all races (to be sure).

I don't think I mentioned it yet but my current character is a Khajiit. Not sure if it matters, but there you go.

Anyway, after deactivating all mods I reinstalled the Skeleton (without any compatibility fixes), ran LOOT and refreshed FNIS.

Came back to the game, transformed into a werewolf aaaaaand still the same issue.

I am starting to think that my racemenu might be... corrupted somehow? Not sure. But whenever I load the game I have to move the Waist, Upper body (torso) and all leg and feet sliders back and forth to get the proportions that ... I already had before loading my game. This is getting weird.

On a side note, I also ran a save cleaner tool after deactivating all mods. Just to be absolutely sure there were no lingering fragments of anything. But it didn't help in solving the issue.

Not that my game is unstable; quite the opposite actually. But I just wanted to be sure, heh.

So.... the hunt goes on :/

Right now I'm suspecting racemenu but maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction.