ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Snow Only Issues

mrshadoo

Hello ..

I've been Dealing with many issues regarding my snow textures near windhelm ..

The Bridge as seen below looking so annoying mixing many Textures which hard for me to Identify so far after many Hours .. !

YXFAc8o.png

9uWkOX7.png

ZgKzIYh.png

As shown Images I'm using Fluffy Snow ,Nordic Snow Textures , Better Dynamic Snow and Blended Road which Overwriting all the previous ..

And Some known Textures Like Noble of skyrim , SMIM , Skyrim Realistic Overhaul .

So really wondering what's effecting the Bridge of the way it looks now cause it's not seems Right .. !

IMHO it's very difficult to make that area around Windhelm bridge look good. There are some clearly visible texture seams from the base game plus a non-optimal mesh from "Blended Roads" on the smaller bridge plus that nighmare of a mesh for the large bridge leading to the Windhelm city gates (vertex shading or something like that messed up by Bethesda)...

You can't make that area look "amazing". At least I never managed to do so. Best result you can hope for is "okay...somehow"....

First of all, only use one snow texture replacer. Either use Nordic or Fluffy Snow - not both. Second, experiment with the bridge and road textures. If you use Vortex or MO, you can adjust texture overrides on a per file basis. If you use another mod organizer, you might have to copy textures manually.

I'm using a combo of "Fluffy snow" and "Blended Roads" ("really blended roads" option). From "Blended Roads" I'm only using two "snowy" textures:

...textures\landscape\roads\\road01snow01.dds and its normalmap (road01snow01_n.dds). Everything else reagrding snow comes from "Fluffy snow".

The result is still far from perfect, but (at least IMHO) acceptable.

BTW, these strange "holes" at the ends of the smaller bridge are a "feature" of "Blended Roads". I'm afraid you'll have to live with them if you want to use that otherwise superb mod...

Thanks for the Reply Algabar .. !
As for the textures i'm using Fluffy Snow only now with all the required patches provided by the Author .. and yes i'm using MO2 for better handling Mods priority per file ..
The matter of fact i totally get that blended roads caused more issues regarding that bridge ..
However i could live with That .. but that thing that keeps frustrating me is the path edges !
brown textures shown there which really can't fix it

for example i let blended roads to be overwritten by all other snow mods installed and that's the Result :

vjE1RiS.png
ohNEg09.png

As you can see there is no blended road anymore and the bridge all covered by Snow except the Edges !!!!

Edited by mrshadoo

TBH, I'm not absolutely shure about this texture. I don't have that problem with the edges on snow covered bridges.

You said you are using "Noble Skyrim". If I'm not mistaken, the "SMIM patch" provided as optional download for "Noble Skyrim" changes these textures. They are called "bridgedirt...." or something like that. I can't check it since I don't use "Noble Skyrim" anymore (BTW, it's a great texture overhaul - I just wanted something different after years with "Noble Sykrim"...).

Check if something from "Noble Skyrim" interferes with the "bridgedirt" textures or overwrites them. Other than that, no idea. Sorry.